Google Voice Question

I recently ported a cell phone number (number 1) from Verizon to Google Voice, making my original Google Voice number (number 2) now my secondary number.

I use number 2 for the occasional craigslist sale and such, since i don't want folks to have my personal number. I'd like to transfer number 2 to a different but existing google account but I don't seem to have that option as a secondary number (maybe because I didn't pay to make it permanent, not positive) and keep number 1 as the primary on this account. I am wondering, to achieve this, if I can:

1. transfer number 1 to new google account (thus returning number 2 to the primary number on my current account)
2. transfer number 2 to a new google account
3. transfer number 1 back to the original google account

Anyone know if this would work? Can't seem to find the exact question and answer online. Seems a little silly but thought it might work.

If at all, this is possible, it will involve a lot of porting in and out.
The number given to you by Google stays with that account unless you port out. So if you want to transfer that number to another account, you will have to port out and then port in.

Same goes for #1, you will have to port out of the current account and then port in to new google account.

You could try reddit google voice to see if anybody has a better solution.

if no one important has this number that you use for occasional craigslist post...

download from your phones app store a burner number phone app. thats what i do and it doesnt cost anything.

Back