2015 Altima TPMS

My 2015 Altima in which I've owned now for 5 years, has never, ever needed a TPMS reset/recalibration. It doesn't matter which corner of the car that I rotate my tires to, the TPMS will automatically resets or I should say...follows the tires accordingly. Nothing needed to be done.

I put on new tires on 1 month ago, drove the car and all was fine with the TPMS. In other words, the F & R were all where I set them with 2 psi more in the Front.

However due to a slight vibration, I moved tires in order to narrow down which tire might be the culprit. NOW, the Front PSI is reading in the rear and visa-versa.

NOTHING IN THE Owner's Manual, nor on Youtube for this.

Is there a reset or recalibration for this?
This is something that, in 5 yrs, I have never, ever, ever needed to do. Something is amiss.

Thanks,
CB

Last edited:
I swapped the tires around on our 2019 Pathfinder some months back and it displays the individual tire pressures on the dash. I didn't notice anything different, but all the tires are within a PSIG or two from each other. I guess I'll know when one of the tires runs low on air pressure!

Our 2015 Nissan Versa doesn't display pressures. Just the dash light and warning message. Live with that all winter as the snow tires/wheels don't have sensors in them. Once I put the factory tires/wheels back on, the dash light and warning message go away literally within a couple hundred feed of driving. I just put the summer set back on last week.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by gizzsdad
How many times have you driven it since the switch? It might take a couple start/stops.

I've driven the car enough.
When I change from my winter wheels/tires(non TPMS) back to my OE wheels(TPMS) the system will calibrate/read the TPMS at each corner within a few miles.

JTK, your Versa has a different TPMS system in it. It's part of your wheel speed sensors(or something like that). Like the Civic in my signature, it measures the tires in conjunction with one another to determine if there is one or more tires out of/from where they were initiated.

In the Civic for example, which has no actual TPMS sensors in the wheels and regardless of wheels/tires-winter/summer, you would reinitialize the tires in the system menu for any tires and/or rotation...if needed. It isn's always needed I've noticed.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JTK
Negative on that Sir.

The versa uses standard mounted in the wheels TPMS sensors.

Oh, my bad! That's like my car too. I have the aluminum valve stem TPMS. But mine shows each tire reading in the dash.

Yeah, my car does the same as your car with winter tires/wheels. I don't have TPMS on my winter wheels so, I see the dash light warning all winter long.

And like your car, when I reinstall my OE wheels(3 weeks ago), the warning goes away and TPMS just picks back up where each wheel is. At this point, everything was fine.

However, due to one suspect tire(shimmy), I rotated(ONLY) the Driver Side Front to the Driver Side Rear. But these 2 tire show to be the opposite for some reason and this has never happened.

I may do a battery disconnect or just leave it alone.

Thanks,

CB

Back