alternative uses for beer?

I leave a six pack out of a certain light beer every July 3rd in hopes that Kid Rock brings fireworks and charcoal for Independence day.

Beer makes a great wasp attractant. You put beer in your hanging wasp killer, and the wasps are attracted, can't get out and drown. You don't have to worry about the beer spoiling either as wasps seem to prefer rotten beer.

Emptying that mess isn't fun, but it gets rid of a lot of wasps.

Originally Posted by Astro14
I think beer has one primary use. It works really well in that application.

So, any alternative use is, well, alcohol abuse...

True this^^^^

For the OP, I often put a can (the cheaper the better) in when starting to cook my chili recipe to add some liquid/sauce instead of water (I don't use tomato sauce, just crushed tomatoes)...

Originally Posted by racin4ds
Beer has a couple uses that I'm aware of and NONE of them listed in your original post!

1. making ugly folks look good

Beer doesn't work that well for that anymore!
lol.gif

Originally Posted by SEMI_287
Originally Posted by racin4ds
Beer has a couple uses that I'm aware of and NONE of them listed in your original post!

1. making ugly folks look good

Beer doesn't work that well for that anymore!
lol.gif

simply not drinking enough

One day my brother came home from work and his family told him that their dog was sick and acting strange. He took the dog to the vet. That cost $140 and the vet found nothing wrong with the dog. Later that day he went out in his yard and the bowl of beer he had placed in the garden the day before to drown slugs was empty. When he asked about it one of his kids told him that the dog had drank it. So putting beer in his garden to drown slugs cost him a $140 trip to the vet.

You do realize that it was the slugs that caused the sickness and not the beer, right? Slugs in FL can really hurt you if you touch them.

Originally Posted by Char Baby
Guinness beef stew!
Any stout will do IMO.

Originally Posted by vavavroom
Beer soup. Beer is also good in stews.

Yup!

Back