Car builder TV shows....

There are a bunch of television shows covering car building/hot rods/trucks/bikes etc. Some of these builds I like, some not so much. There is a wide variable on the skill and artistic levels between shops. I currently like the Kindig product and used to like the Foose stuff except for the wheels. Never cared for GMG or the Kount but this is all personal preference. Recently there is a British show I have been watching and I have to say I throw up into my mouth with most of their builds. I watch now in amazement to see if they can top themselves in ugly every week. Am I the only one, are my sensibilities of design that far off? Do people actually like some of these builds? Goblin Works Garage, here's a build of theirs.

EVlLaHcVAAAvT8I.jpg

Many of the bike and car custom build shows have one thing in common: They are pressed for time and have a deadline to meet or the world is going to end.

I've about had it with that show. I think I've given it more than a fair trial watching all the episodes up to that one. All this get GWG name out there drama is a bit much for me. That was an ugly bug. I don't think the front end modifications came off as good as one would hope.

I'm likely to remove it from the DVR series record list.

I already fast forward through the bike segments.

Seems hit or miss. The off roader they did seemed okay to this non-off-road enthusiast. I suspect a serious off roading enthusiast was cringing.

I'd rather watch re-runs of Wheeler Dealers than a new GWG.

My $0.02

Originally Posted by sloinker
There are a bunch of television shows covering car building/hot rods/trucks/bikes etc. Some of these builds I like, some not so much. There is a wide variable on the skill and artistic levels between shops. I currently like the Kindig product and used to like the Foose stuff except for the wheels. Never cared for GMG or the Kount but this is all personal preference. Recently there is a British show I have been watching and I have to say I throw up into my mouth with most of their builds. I watch now in amazement to see if they can top themselves in ugly every week. Am I the only one, are my sensibilities of design that far off? Do people actually like some of these builds? Goblin Works Garage, here's a build of theirs.

If she were more like Kari Byron from MythBuster's I'd be right there with you. But Helles just doesn't do it for me.

Originally Posted by rekit
The blonde woman cancels out a lot of ugly cars IMO.

I saw that Supra they did, that was enough for me. Plastic slap on panels with a wrap job, what kind of cheap crap is that. Terrible. Boyd Coddington in his day was quite a talent, a lot of guys got their start with him.

There is a show on Velocity, Car Fix, that I really enjoyed. I use the past tense because they replace Lou Santiago and Jared Zimmerman as hosts. The 2 new ones make the show unwatchable. Well one of them, Jeremy, was on "Truck Tech" on PowerNation and is good. But the other one has the personality of a rock.

Originally Posted by Trav
I saw that Supra they did, that was enough for me. Plastic slap on panels with a wrap job, what kind of cheap crap is that. Terrible.

+1

Whatever happened to shows like "Shadetree Mechanic" on TNN with hosts Sam and Dave?!
Those were some down to earth, simple folk who know what people want to see and hear.
Stuff these days is all mindless drivel, targeting those who consume high energy drinks, tattoos, cheap beer, Nickelback and who are a payment away from having their junk repossessed.
31.gif

Originally Posted by Trav
I saw that Supra they did, that was enough for me. Plastic slap on panels with a wrap job, what kind of cheap crap is that. Terrible. Boyd Coddington in his day was quite a talent, a lot of guys got their start with him.

I agree with you Trav, I don't believe someone actually bought that Supra. I was watching a rerun of Overhaulin' last week and I just learned that Chip Foose worked for Boyd Coddington years ago.

I like Kindig 1st, Joe Martin #2, Chip Foose #3. I'd also give credit to those guys on Fantom works, Texas Metal (not for the lifted trucks but the older cars), Speed is the New Black, Gas Monkey (not all of their builds I like) and I'm probably missing someone else doesn't come to mind right now.

Goblin works IMO is a partial joke. I would never buy a vehicle from them, it's the 2020 version of Pimp my Ride IMO.

Originally Posted by oldhp
Dave Kindig 4 me. Chip Foose #2
cheers3.gif

Kindig for me also, just can't put up with his stupid side kick manager, guy is an idiot.

1674-sm_2019.jpg

Back