alternative uses for beer?

Hello BITOGers,

couple myths I heard over the years. Please dispel them is they are non-sense.

-wipe interior leaves with it
-add vitamin B5 to your crazy dry feet with a beer bath
-in addition to smoking, give a room a gorilla [c]art "nice" smell after a party
-boil it viking style (actually, i'm interested about his one particular experience)

Please add others....

Having found a 6 pack of "Lite" in front of the supermarket (in a bag and still cold) I welcome any alternative uses so I don't have to drink it.

I think beer has one primary use. It works really well in that application.

So, any alternative use is, well, alcohol abuse...

My sister used beer on her hair back in the 70s as part of her "conditioning " process. She would only get one out of the six pack. Mysteriously the other 5 would disappear. Gosh I wonder why that happened?
banana2.gif

Boiling bratwurst in it before grilling.

Also poured a bottle into the pan with the pork-loin I baked on Easter.

Beer has a couple uses that I'm aware of and NONE of them listed in your original post!

1. making ugly folks look good
2. pain relief
3. mental stimulation
4. allows a white man to dance
5. allows anyone to sing karaoke!
6. tastes great when mixed in seafood boils
7. works great to make beer bread

I forgot about the beer bread....
I used to have a bread machine longtime ago.
I used whole flour, teaspoon of sugar, dry yeast (unless regular yeast found at Polish stores), some bran cereals and some beer on hand.
It was WAAAAY better the any puffy-Fluffy store bought. And cheaper.

Another use:
drinked with friends on a hot summer day, at a beer factory.
To this day, that was the most delicious in my memory. None of the beer festivals I tried, come close to this experience.....

While I have not talked to any slugs (I do not do those drugs), evidence from my garden indicates they are not beer snobs.

I do not know about the flavor beers, traditional malted and hopped beers works.

Rod

Beer, lemons, and Italian dressing for bbq chicken mop … add some bbq sauce to it towards the end

A lid full placed in your garden will attract and drown slugs.

any beer?

Most slugs I've met wern't picky!
lol.gif

(You MAY need to experiment a little.)

Another use:
drinked with friends on a hot summer day, at a beer factory.
To this day, that was the most delicious in my memory. None of the beer festivals I tried, come close to this experience.....

Yeah, did that along a bike trail in Smithton PA. After about 8 miles, It was amazing. AND just across the street was a bar that used farm raised PA beef for their burgers. Talk about a lasting memory!

That was on the Youghiogheny River. (The YOCK!)

That was STONEY'S BEER. btw.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JohnG
A lid full placed in your garden will attract and drown slugs.

One day my brother came home from work and his family told him that their dog was sick and acting strange. He took the dog to the vet. That cost $140 and the vet found nothing wrong with the dog. Later that day he went out in his yard and the bowl of beer he had placed in the garden the day before to drown slugs was empty. When he asked about it one of his kids told him that the dog had drank it. So putting beer in his garden to drown slugs cost him a $140 trip to the vet.

Back