User Name Meaning

With all the different user names of everyone, what's the meaning or how'd you come up with your username?

MIne is from my Grandma. Ya gotta understand, she named all her chickens, roosters, guineas, etc.

She first started calling me Gary Boy. Then she went to "G Boy." Then she went to "G Bo."

Tada...GEBO

Boomer....used to teach college chemistry and every year I would take my organic chem class outside, dig a hole, put in a walnut size piece of sodium and pour water on it. BOOM! Could be heard all over campus some times. We did this before the students did the sodium fusion test in the lab to show them the dangers of the metal and also to show them some really neat chemistry!

I used to have a black Mustang GT. I don't know what I was thinking as I go through vehicles at a pretty good rate.

Originally Posted by Donald
Mine was hard to come up with.

LOL. You are the man!!!!

I forgot..
grin2.gif

I used to teach Java programming for Sun. I like Coffee and I used to drive an SVT Contour with a T28 turbo for extra fun.

I entered the name as javaContour to be consistent with variable naming conventions in programming, but somehow, either human or automated intervention, the capital C was removed and I'm javacontour.

I remember asking/starting a thread like this some years ago but, too long ago to do a search.

My name "CharBaby" comes from a very influential friend of the family back in the 1930s-40s. Everyone looked to Charlie Baby when they needed help or a favor. I never met the man but, according to my Dad(1913-1999), Charlie alway wore a suit.

Charlie was born in the 1880s and again, according to my Dad, didn't command respect but, earned it from his helping of others in neighborhood. Especially those in small business such as little grocery stores. deli's, barber's, bakeries etc, who were being harassed by other men of influence.

Charlie died long before I was born but, I've seen pictures of him(very few of them allowed) in those old black & white photos in which the exposures never seem to fade over time and still look as crisp & clear as the day they were taken.

I asked my Dad,
"when did Charlie die?"

And my Dad said,
"after the War when the boys came home!"

Last edited:
Simple Gifts is a Shaker melody whose theme is used in Aaron Copland's Appalachian Spring.

The simplicity and beauty of the song is unmatched; a veritable "Amazing Grace" type song.

I just happened to be in my mind when I signed up.

Last edited:
My wife started to call me Lazy Dog once I retire. She LOVES to work but like they said different strokes for different folks.

The song by Motörhead, which was covered by Metallica (huge Metallica fan) and of a course a tendency to do things to the excess.

Many many years ago, well over 10 IIRC, I had a username that an admin here thought was offensive (it was a [censored] joke!) so I had to change it. I was driving a 93 Geo Metro at the time and since I'm terribly uncreative I chose the SAE rated horsepower for that car as my username. Years later, I was responding to a troll here and I posted what I thought was an inoffensive meme and I got banned for it. I appealed to an admin and I was allowed back in with the *test appended to my username

Back