Smart car driver arrested after leading police on pursuit along I-10 in Phoenix

dishdude

$100 Site Donor 2023
This could only go in the humor section!
lol.gif

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/s...ce-on-pursuit-along-i-10-in-phoenix-area

[Linked Image]

Geez going to jail for evading in a "Smart car"?! If you're gonna try an escape the police in an under-powered vehicle, at least have the self respect to steal something cool like a DeLorean or C3 vette.

Looks like the TV chopper just picked a random car driving down the freeway to be involved in a "police chase"?

Last edited:
Nah, the owner need to do an Italian Tune Up.

Just look at him slowing down through the first ramp off... The DOT truck was nice to him for not pushing him off the road....

Originally Posted by AZjeff
This dummy was lucky, most chases in Arizona end badly for the driver. PIT maneuver or spike strips or crash followed by bullets.

They took pity on him, he couldn't even keep up with traffic.

They did

693E1DD6-3368-4561-BE85-A68FB5108E3F.png

according to google ---> According to Smart, the 61-hp engine can go from zero to 60 mph in about 15 seconds, while top speed is electronically limited to 84 mph for the driver's safety. (Cars as small and light as the Fortwo become very unstable at high speeds.)

the 84mph is also about the mechanical limits of a rubber band.

Originally Posted by Barkleymut
Just when I thought I had seen everything....what is top speed on those things? 80?

With the gearing, thats probably as fast as the foot pedals can spin.

I owned one for a couple years. Ran very steady on interstates at 70-75 mph. Other than quirky transmission it was a nice little car, well made, comfortable on good roads, but with short wheel base you felt every uneven road surface. 3 cyl engine in rear; could change oil and filter by laying down. Took about 10 min to wax entire car! LOL

Originally Posted by tc1446
I owned one for a couple years. Ran very steady on interstates at 70-75 mph. Other than quirky transmission it was a nice little car, well made, comfortable on good roads, but with short wheel base you felt every uneven road surface. 3 cyl engine in rear; could change oil and filter by laying down. Took about 10 min to wax entire car! LOL

true I still own one ,it rides on the semi for long hauls but does ok on I75

Originally Posted by MrQuackers

"Police got their plates so letting them go, and will catch up to them later" ...
lol.gif
Can't catch up to them now even though semi trucks are passing this car.
laugh.gif

Back