KTM TPI 2T OIL

Just got a 2020 KTM 300 XC-W TPI Transfer Port Injection. The manual says to use JASO FD synthetic reputable oil and recommend Motorex - Cross Power 2T which is about $18/quart.

Is there options for a NON-premix 2T synthetic oil that is JASO FD rated that isn't $18/quart that people recommend?

Motul 710 2T would be my choice.....
I use the the 800 Ester in my 2-strokes and it is the most amazing oil I have ever used. Lower temps, clean as a whistle, higher performance (had to turn down carbs at same mix).

I checked the Amsoil website, and they recommend Amsoil Dominator 2T is $9 a quart, or $36 a gallon. if you are a dealer or preferred customer. I use the same stuff on my Yamaha Waverunner XLT 1200

Last edited:
I continue to like Castrol TT-S. Although it's not particularly inexpensive.

Pretty much any of the quality EG-D/FD oils are excellent. But in this case, I'd stick with the recommended oil. As it's the proper viscosity for pump-ability.

With a proper design and oil flow, I think engine life could be improved with a system like the KTM injection system, as oil is not diluted by fuel. However, some KTM owners seem to have cylinder wear issues with these. I have to wonder if it's related to oil viscosity and pump action.

Some people are saying that one ounce of oil per gallon seems to be a fix. But that requires a free flow fuel filter.

A friend of mine rides a Beta 300 2 stroke with oil injection. Beta recommends a Motul lubricant that is suitable for premixed or injector systems. You might browse the Beta forums to find more info.. I don't recall the Motul being that expensive or hard to find.

Originally Posted by Silk
Love to find some FD synth for $19 a litre - how would you like to pay $37 like I did last week.

I found Luqui Moly 2T JASO FD for $13/liter.

I'm going to start without until I hear some reason not to.

On a separate issue. Does anyone know for sure if 100LL aviation gas is ok to run in this high compression 2 strokes with EFI? I went by the one gas station in my area that carries "race gas' and it was either 100 octane WITH Ethanal or 110 octane leaded. $8/gallon

I know I can aviation 100LL for about half that price but didn't want to add leaded gas until I knew for sure it was ok.

your motocycle is MY2020...and you are expecting that it doesnt have any catalyst converter inside its exhaust?
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Kamele0N
your motocycle is MY2020...and you are expecting that it doesnt have any catalyst converter inside its exhaust?
smile.gif

Yes.. it's an off road KTM dirt bike. I'm NEARLY certain it's a straight pipe into a simple muffler - no electronics on that side of the cylinder.

100LL is great fuel, but it is likely to lead foul your plug. I've used 100LL plenty in two stroke dirt bikes for the octane. It's use is generally problematic.

May I suggest VP-fuels C9 (96) or Sunoco Optima (95) octane. They are both so similar they can be interchanged and will run perfectly.

Originally Posted by Cujet
100LL is great fuel, but it is likely to lead foul your plug. I've used 100LL plenty in two stroke dirt bikes for the octane. It's use is generally problematic

I agree...
Running leaded fuel will not only drain your wallet needlessly but also
add yellowish lead deposits to your spark plugs and combustion
chamber besides being a health risk...

All in all lead is a high maintenance additive...

[Linked Image from turbododgeparts.com]

Last edited:
I want one of these bikes so bad... Always used Dominator in my 2T over the years.

Back