Scotty knocks it out of the park again.

JTK

Scotty K did a video last week on not buying certain models of Fords, Subarus or Nissans because of them having engines with timing chain driven water pumps and the issues that can arise with coolant leaking into the engine oil.

I get it that some newer FWD based Ford 3.5's had issues, but he ranted about Nissan VQ35's and Subaru 6cyls and how awful they are with this design. Has anyone ever heard of a VQ loosing it's water pump and ruining the engine? Or the Subaru 6?

I like his videos for the comedic value, but man he's got some followers!

Last edited:
Scotty is like a blind pig- he finds an acorn every now and then. Every time I see him all I can think is that a village is missing its idiot.

lol.gif

Originally Posted by MCompact
Scotty is like a blind pig- he finds an acorn every now and then. Every time I see him all I can think is that a village is missing its idiot.

People enjoy watching idiots. How many people watch Richard Feynman talk about quantum mechanics?

Originally Posted by Wolf359
People enjoy watching idiots. How many people watch Richard Feynman talk about quantum mechanics?

Quantum mechanics is one of the most un-interesting things Feynman talked about.
Its rather amazing to think that he won the 1965 Nobel prize in physics and his true genius was in his ability to relate to people.

Everyone needs to read "Surely You're Joking Mr Feynman!".

Last edited:
I have a 17 Subaru 3.6 and I have no fears....What I do fear is the 2020+ line of Subaru engines.

Originally Posted by super20dan
he left out the Chrysler 2.7

I thought they all died off by now and running into one wouldn't even be an issue.
grin2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

01.gif

Internal water pumps aren't my favorite design. Old school design has more benefits to the owner.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Internal water pumps aren't my favorite design. Old school design has more benefits to the owner.

I couldn't agree more on that. I'd assume avoid them if possible. What struck me was he ranted like this is some huge failure area on Nissan VQ V6s. I've owned two of them at this point and have had some in the family go crazy amounts of miles. I didn't even realize they had internal water pumps!

Also never heard of this failing on Subaru H6's

Best summary ever.

I get a laugh out of some of the vehicle he states are good old cars that are built way better than the new ones. One in particular was a late '90s/early'00s silverado. Saying they were built well unlike the new ones of today. I remember back when they were new, the same thing was said how the new ones were garbage and not good like the 88-98s were. He's a silly one.

I find his videos so annoying I can barely watch one. His voice, everything annoying. Also I don't know how people get anything of value out of watching them. It is so simplistic, its sort of like a crazy uncle just yelling at you for 20 minutes about buying a certain type of car or tool.

I just read online that he banks $40,000 per MONTH in youtube revenue.

Originally Posted by Redright9
I get a laugh out of some of the vehicle he states are good old cars that are built way better than the new ones. One in particular was a late '90s/early'00s silverado. Saying they were built well unlike the new ones of today. I remember back when they were new, the same thing was said how the new ones were garbage and not good like the 88-98s were. He's a silly one.

Isn't that the prevailing BITOG sentiment?!?
Countless threads here talk about how they don't build them like they used to....

Originally Posted by JustinH
I find his videos so annoying I can barely watch one. His voice, everything annoying. Also I don't know how people get anything of value out of watching them. It is so simplistic, its sort of like a crazy uncle just yelling at you for 20 minutes about buying a certain type of car or tool.

Apparently, Scotty doesn't care if people like his videos or not.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Originally Posted by JustinH

Apparently, Scotty doesn't care if people like his videos or not.

Doesn't add up ?? If I was making $40K a month, I wouldn't be working on cars anymore. Just be doing my typical "cocaine engery" fueled videos until i cant breath anymore and pass out

But apparently he still works on cars ??

Dave

Originally Posted by Trav
The man is rowing with only one oar in the water.

This may be the first and only time we disagree.
23.gif

Well, that I am aware of.

I still love and respect you....

I am an avid subscriber. I just pick and choose what I believe and always add a few grains of salt.
I find his videos very entertaining. Maybe there is something wrong with me????
05.gif

Last edited:
Back