Trouble with my Samsung Fridge

I just bought a home that has a Samsung Fridge, model RS2534VQ. I'm having issues with it leaking water under the front left corner. What I could find online says the condenser drain inside the fridge is either frozen or clogged. I tried using a blow dryer on it, made some difference, but still leaks water.

Can anyone please tell me how to fix it?

Also, anyone know how old it is? Info from the tag: Compressor: MK183C-L2U Model Code: RS2434VQ/XAA S/N: 952143CX600486 T

Thanks!

one thing to check is that it is level front to back. if it the top front is angled downwards when it defrost the water sometimes drains out the front of the freezer area

Any water that drips goes into a pan where it evaporates by airflow. pull it out and make sure it isn't blanketed with dust underneath blocking airflow. While pulled out you may also find lost car keys, oven mitts or assorted cat toys.

First, get a length of stiff rope about the diameter of the drain hole in the interior bottom of the fridge, and run that through.

Next, pull it out, take the back cover off and locate the drain pan and the snorkel/chute/whatever going in it and run the rope up through that too. You may also need to clean the pan out if it is gunked with fungus, and while you're in there, clean out the dust, particularly on the fan blades and coils.

We have had two Samsung fridges and both have the same issue. It's a crappy design.

I have placed a towel inside the fridge to soak up the water, and have a waterproof mat under it.

Right now me and my wife are negotiating whether we should get top of line LG fridge or some cheapo Whirlpool while I'm saving money for when she wins the argument.

Originally Posted by Alfred_B
We have had two Samsung fridges and both have the same issue. It's a crappy design.

I have placed a towel inside the fridge to soak up the water, and have a waterproof mat under it.

Right now me and my wife are negotiating whether we should get top of line LG fridge or some cheapo Whirlpool while I'm saving money for when she wins the argument.

Linear compressor LG here. So far, (knock wood) it's been great.

[Linked Image]

Had that in my apartment in S Korea … they came and switched for an LG
The LG washer leaked … but it was on a concrete overhang that went into drain.
That company has been busted for dumping here … will not buy them.

Originally Posted by tcp71
Originally Posted by Alfred_B

Linear compressor LG here. So far, (knock wood) it's been great.

[Linked Image]

She wants one with a giant tablet on the door. ...¥

Had an LG reefer with the bottom freezer. Every few weeks would develop a glacier of ice under the freezer door which ultimately would restrict the closing of the door. I'm tired of the you tube work arounds and the handy man videos. Can someone manufacture an appliance that simply works for a reasonable period of time?.

friend of mine in the appliance repair business always says steer clear from lg and samsung appliances.. they make good tvs and phones but not appliances.

also later model kenmore is a rebranded lg.. ge profile is usually what he would recommend to someone in the market for a new fridge.

Last edited:
I have a Liebherr that leaks if I do not unclog the drain in the back. Its not very big in diameter. I got the rope/twine handles from a paper bag with handles and push/twirl it down the hole pushing it about 6" in. Fine for another 2-3 months.

I have same LG as pictured and not a single issue in 2 years. Used to have a GE Profile which was also OK but the auto ice dispenser design was always chunking up. ...GE profile is no longer a US brand it was sold to CHfew years ago.

That's what I mean Donald. I should have bought the LG refrigerator/bottom freezer with the rope/twine handles from a paper bag upgrade kit option. Kinda getting fed up I guess.

Originally Posted by Aredeeem
Had an LG reefer with the bottom freezer. Every few weeks would develop a glacier of ice under the freezer door which ultimately would restrict the closing of the door. I'm tired of the you tube work arounds and the handy man videos. Can someone manufacture an appliance that simply works for a reasonable period of time?.

We seem to have pretty good luck buying the KISS white ones. Maybe they are too ugly to die? Kenmore one step up from the bottom was we used to get. 15 years on the fridge, freezer, and dishwasher so far. We have natural birch cabinets and drawers and the white looks fine to me. YMMV, not everyone's wife will agree though!

Raise the front (use pennies) to where it's 1/8" or so out of level (high in the front )

I promise you this is the cure.

Originally Posted by Kawiguy454
I have same LG as pictured and not a single issue in 2 years. Used to have a GE Profile which was also OK but the auto ice dispenser design was always chunking up. ...GE profile is no longer a US brand it was sold to CHfew years ago.

It's true about GE Consumer Appliances being sold to Haier (Chinese) back in 2016, the SEC should have never let the deal go through! Originally GE was going to sell to
Electrolux (Sweden) but that deal fell through not sure why does anyone know what happened

That being said they are still making quite a few of the appliances HERE IN THE USA. You have to check the label and ask if necessary to get the correct answer. I would buy one made here in the USA the GE appliance factories here in the USA are still being used and the same employees are generally there.

Last edited:
Back