UH-OH! Now Brady has GRONK in TB!

Originally Posted by TheLawnRanger
Is he still the 24/7 champ?

I'm ashamed to say that I know-yes, he is! Gronk really stuck the Pats on this one, they were FORCED to trade him, Gronk's contract carried a $12 million cap hit, the Pats only have $1 million in space!

Win total was 9 games yesterday for Tampa Bay. Be curious to see if it goes up. I'm betting the under on that.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Leo99
Win total was 9 games yesterday for Tampa Bay. Be curious to see if it goes up. I'm betting the under on that.

Even if they hit 9 it's along way to a wild card spot this year: With DAL-PHI possibly generating one wild card by way of "whomever doesn't win that division" and SF-SEA another and GB-MIN yet again; and in a division with NO going all-in in Brees' last hurrah this could be a little anticlimactic.

I peg TB at about 6-7 wins this year. Luckily they aren't in the West or North where I would put them at 4 games won. If they were in the East they would win their division with 11-12 wins.

I read this "UH-OH! Now Brady has GRONK in TB" And honestly thought Brady caught a disease form Australia. The Gronk sounds like a disease worst than Herpes.

Wonder when the Bucs are going to announce they traded for Edelman too?
lol.gif

I know all you Brady-Belichick haters are gonna be busy this year, but not because of the Pats. Brady knows he's got 2-3 years left, he knows the biggest part of his legend will be adding a ring without Belichick on his sideline, and he knows he's finally got some real downfield threats. I have a feeling we're going to be treated to a Tom Brady who plays like when he was 32, rather than some chubby guy who is stiff all over and feels like 52 (oh wait, that's me
smile.gif
). I love Edelman's heart and endless effort to win, but it's impossible for a single receiver to carry an entire receiving team (but he did a great job at that, too!). Brady's not going to be a consistent 25+yd passer, but Evans and the slew of other young receivers should be able to contribute beaucoup YAC.

Gronk has had nearly two years to act like he's 18 again, likely no aches and pains, and is reunited with the QB who helped him become the greatest tight end in NFL history. While Gronk's personal numbers may not be like his first three years in the league, he will still move the ball and score some TDs. But his biggest contribution will be when he stays on the line as an extra blocker, keeping TB12 safe in the pocket. With a great offensive-minded coach, toss in a good bit of running to open up the 5-10 yard passing lanes, and look out, points on the board.

I agree, the Saints & Brees (a fellow alumni) should put up a good show as well, but I doubt the Panthers and Falcons are going to do much except look like deserted displays at the zoo. I think they win both games against those two, split with the Saints, and go 7-3 on the rest of their roster. That puts them at 12-4, which I feel will tie the Saints. Once it gets to the postseason, TB12 and Gronk will provide great leadership and inspiration to the young corps, and anything can happen! Any way it goes down, it's going to be more exciting than the guys predicting (sub-).500 football in Tampa. I'll save this post for next February for my memoirs.
lol.gif

Originally Posted by Gronk & Brady
Get it right dawg, we ain't ever left
We just, moved in silence and rep to the death (yeah)
It's official, I survived what I been through
Y'all got drama, "The Saga Continues..."
We ain't, go-in nowhere, we ain't, goin nowhere
We can't be stopped now, cause it's Bad Boy for life
We ain't, go-in nowhere, we ain't, goin nowhere
We can't be stopped now, cause it's Bad Boy for life

I heard the haters on ESPN, saying that Gronk won't be the Gronk of a few years ago. Maybe, maybe not. I say he does not have to be the old Gronk to make a huge difference. Tampa already has a great receivers duo in Evans and Godwin. Now, you mix in the threat of Gronk. That is going to cause massive headaches for Defensive coordinators across the league. Lots of single coverage is necessitated. If Gronk is even 75-80% of his old self, TB has a legit shot at the SB.

My wife is the die hahd Pats fan in the house. She is still trying to take it all in.

My old man's side is from Wisconsin, so I've bled Green & Gold my whole life, my son too.
Every once in a while I'll spot another G in the back window of someone's cah in Boston traffic.

Originally Posted by sloinker
I peg TB at about 6-7 wins this year. Luckily they aren't in the West or North where I would put them at 4 games won. If they were in the East they would win their division with 11-12 wins.

I agree. Those who think the Bucs will immediately be play-off contenders are delusional...

Originally Posted by grampi

I agree. Those who think the Bucs will immediately be play-off contenders are delusional...

Lets see. You take a team that was almost 0.500 with QB that had record numbers of turnovers, replace that QB with the GOAT, and add a 30 year old monster TE to the mix of two Pro Bowl receivers already there...

Yeah, you right. TB ain't got a chance.
lol.gif

They are playoff contenders, even with Winston they would be in the race...

All I want to see is a football team, any football team, firing on all cylinders and for them to fight through 19 see-saw games (whatever the number) to a conference championship.

Seattle was a powerhouse a few years ago. They were a machine....turned out to be a horse meat grinder.

Too few good plays per game during the season. Gets better come the playoffs. .

Originally Posted by gfh77665
I heard the haters on ESPN, saying that Gronk won't be the Gronk of a few years ago. Maybe, maybe not. I say he does not have to be the old Gronk to make a huge difference. Tampa already has a great receivers duo in Evans and Godwin. Now, you mix in the threat of Gronk. That is going to cause massive headaches for Defensive coordinators across the league. Lots of single coverage is necessitated. If Gronk is even 75-80% of his old self, TB has a legit shot at the SB.

This ^

Originally Posted by Jackson_Slugger

They are playoff contenders, even with Winston they would be in the race...

This is true. Bucs had the third ranked scoring offense last year. Winston blew the lead in 4 games because of throwing 30 picks! So they 11-5,12-4 team. Which is the same as the Patriots been for many many years.

Originally Posted by gfh77665

Lets see. You take a team that was almost 0.500 with QB that had record numbers of turnovers, replace that QB with the GOAT, and add a 30 year old monster TE to the mix of two Pro Bowl receivers already there...

Yeah, you right. TB ain't got a chance.
lol.gif

Brady the goat? That may be your opinion, but it's not mine. And Brady is now 43, and every bit of that age was showing last year...

Back