Only 1 grease for dry applications

Why would someone own both a hi-temp grease and non-hi-temp grease? Let's stick with lithium complex no 2 greases to keep things simple.

If water washout is not a concern then the hi-temp grease should cover every application, right?

I know in some cases, the non-hi-temp grease tends to be tackier which helps it cling to certain applications, but nowadays it is not difficult to find a hi-temp grease that checks off all the right boxes.

I agree, I went to Red and Tacky for everything unless some specific non lithium based grease is called for. I got tired of always running out of 1 or the other just when I needed it so now I just keep 3 or 4 tube of the Red stuff and both guns (the one in the garage and the one in the shop) have the same so I dont need to reload in the middle of a job I just walk out and grab the other gun then take care of refilling later. I used to keep a Moly grease around too but that stuff stained everything that got within 10 ft of it.

That's the conclusion I came to about 20 years ago when deciding on a grease for my workplace ag., vehicle, and outdoor power equipment applications. It works even better if it is green, blue, or red because, well, people associate colored grease as something special, LOL.

Back