$200K of German Engineering baby!

Look what I found today...
Freaking gorgeous. Cross between a Panorama and 911 Turbo.

He pulled over a lane so we could play...
Really quick... I mean quick like only an electric sports car. Silent and faaaaast.

Might hafta up my game.
Gave each other a thumbs up.
Probably Uncle Dave or PimTac or Vikas driving.

IMG_20200421_161252.jpg

Last edited:
Nice. Must be amazing. Motorweek reviewed the "turbo" recently and they loved it. $200K??? Nah, closer to only $190K. Maybe i can wait and get a used one when it drops to only $130K. Haha again.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
How much annual income would YOU need to be comfortable buying that Porsche new?

2 things....
1: At this kinda $$, I would go big and get the Tesla Roadster. Far more performance. And Teslas are cool...
2: There are 4 kids I want to have the opportunity to go to college. I would prefer that to any car. My nephew died leaving his wife with 2 sets of twin girls.

While the Porsche and Tesla are incredible, there are better things to do with money in my opinion.

Plus, for $60K you can get a Tesla Model 3 Performance that is, for me anyway, a better car than the Taycan Turbo.
Our medium range Model 3 is plenty fun.
From about 25 mph the Taycan and I hit it... His car is faster, of course, but both are similar in that the speed is instant and linear.

I wish I had a side shot of that car... There is no doubt it is something really special.
How special? Bill Gates bought one I understand.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Dealer plate.

Yes. The driver and his friend looked like the dealership car wash team. Seriously...
Beanie caps, young and sitting low.
But that kid knew how to drive that car, I can tell you that.

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
Why's it called a "turbo" yet there's no ICE?
confused2.gif

Well, you can add a sound option that plays through the radio...

There are 3 Taycans I believe. 4S, Turbo and Turbo S.
4S is entry level.

But you are right, there is no turbo.
Which model are you ordering?

Originally Posted by JHZR2
I'm not a fan of the lines from the rear.

That's the part of the car most people will see.
For those who understand EVs, the side view with the large charge port is stunning, especially upon acceleration.
Blink and it's gone.

Interestingly, this pic shows just how good the Model 3 visibility is with the sloping hood.
The Tesla Model 3 is an amazing performance car in any trim.

Last edited:
How much annual income would YOU need to be comfortable buying that Porsche new?

Me? It would be less about income and more about expenses. If everything I have now was 100% paid off, I'd say $200K a year would easily put me in it, if I wanted one.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk

2 things....
1: At this kinda $$, I would go big and get the Tesla Roadster. Far more performance. And Teslas are cool...
2: There are 4 kids I want to have the opportunity to go to college. I would prefer that to any car. My nephew died leaving his wife with 2 sets of twin girls.

While the Porsche and Tesla are incredible, there are better things to do with money in my opinion.

Plus, for $60K you can get a Tesla Model 3 Performance that is, for me anyway, a better car than the Taycan Turbo.
Our medium range Model 3 is plenty fun.
From about 25 mph the Taycan and I hit it... His car is faster, of course, but both are similar in that the speed is instant and linear.

I wish I had a side shot of that car... There is no doubt it is something really special.
How special? Bill Gates bought one I understand.

What kind of numbers is the Tesla Roadster posting? Link to the review?

200K ??? I'd take a HellCat, a Cobra 427 roadster, and a.................1969 HEMI RoadRunner for just cruisin'..........with money left over. But that's me.............

Originally Posted by oldhp
200K ??? I'd take a HellCat, a Cobra 427 roadster, and a.................1969 HEMI RoadRunner for just cruisin'..........with money left over. But that's me.............

Can you touch a 427 Cobra for less than $1M ?

Back