Quick question about seat interchange

Does anyone know if the front seats out of a 97-05 Buick century will bolt in a 00-05 Chevy impala? I dont like the seats in my impala. I'd like to have the more comfortable and higher sitting seats from a Buick. I'm just not sure which, if any, will interchange. I'd be looking at manual seats if possible. Thanks.

You've got two opportunities-- how the seats fit the track, and how the track fits the floor.

I put chevy cavalier seats in my firebird by keeping the bird's tracks.

Since both of yours are W-bodies, I have high hopes. Only fly in the ointment might be airbags, seat sensors, etc.

I'm hoping for a bolt in seat. If it comes down to swapping tracks I'll just live with what I have and throw a pillow in the seat. I'm just trying to make it a bit more comfortable, but I hate working on cars lol.

Swapping tracks isn't hard at all. Typically just 4 bolts, I did that with my Jeep. Put Grand Cherokee seats in it.

I know it isn't hard, but I'd still prefer to not do it. If I can find some decent seats, and if they'll bolt right in, that's what I'd prefer to do. I work on this crap for a living, so my motivation to do it personally is very limited. 🤷â€â™€ï¸

I found out that 90's Pontiac GP 2-door interior would fit a 1970's Buick A Body (GS) that had been a gutted race car. Some trimming of the rear seat side panels and most just dropped in. MFG's hate to change machine tooling for body assembly lines if they can help it. So a wide range of stuff fits across many years ... Just gotta try
smile.gif

I looked at a new Impala around that year, the seats were horrible! When I asked the dealer about it he said "Oh, those were designed for the Chinese market, they like harder seats"!
Needless to say, I didn't get the car. My only thought was "then go sell it in China".

The best seats I ever had were in a 2008 DTS.

Back