Help w/ Spin Bike price

I like to purchase my first spin bike but looking at prices, they seem to be almost like buying a used car.

I am looking for one around 300-400 dollars that I can used mainly winter time. During summer I ride outside.

I am 169 inches tall and weigh 165 pounds. Can you recommend one for me!!

Thanks,

Wow, 169" tall!

I really came to suggest that maybe with gyms closing, some good deals will be out there for professional grade.

Or just spend that sort of money on a fluid/turbo trainer and put your bike on it for training.

Originally Posted by LazyDog
I like to purchase my first spin bike but looking at prices, they seem to be almost like buying a used car.

I am looking for one around 300-400 dollars that I can used mainly winter time. During summer I ride outside.

I am 169 inches tall and weigh 165 pounds. Can you recommend one for me!!

Thanks,

I really screw up on the height
eek.gif

Now is not a good time to buy any exercise equipment. Covid has caused the market to go bonkers since gyms are closed.

If you can wait a few months, or even until Jan 2021 then you're going to find the market flooded with barely used equipment that people bought during this time.

I did a quick search, there is a Schwinn for $499 from best buy, and some other brand for $229. The rest were quite a bit more money.

Get an indoor trainer. They don't cost that much to start. And you can use your actual bike.

If you want an interactive experience, then get a Zwift- compatible trainer

I have this Sunny Model. I chose the beefier model thinking i would gain strength as the year(s) it was used. I am three years into it and it still kicks my butt.

The seat sucks..but i think they are supposed to? i try not to sit very much.

I probably have 750 hours on mine.. never any issues

Spin Bike

Last edited:
What Reddy45 stated is 100% spot on. Just wait it out and make do with what you have. Couple of months equipment will be dirt cheap.

Originally Posted by georgemiller
What Reddy45 stated is 100% spot on. Just wait it out and make do with what you have. Couple of months equipment will be dirt cheap.

In a couple of months he won't need an indoor bike.

Recently picked up a wahoo kickr using Zwift liking it so far but I won't put the high end road bike on it just used my backup. I had a spin bike before the kickr it's ok and get a workout but nothing like being on the road bike and the kickr.

Originally Posted by twouvakind
Weather getting decent, get out on the road!

The weather still cold and windy for my asthma is a no go until it hits high 60's.

I was on-call this week. It was a week on the trainer as I don't want to get paged out while 20mi from home.

Originally Posted by twouvakind
Weather getting decent, get out on the road!

Back