Glock Owner..........Again!

Still "no dice"....

[Linked Image]

I have a Glock 21 probably 1st gen and a buddy has a 22 from the same period. We could switch barrels and clips and shoots the 10mm out of my 21 and he could shoot 45 out of his 22. Very reliable gun. Only jams have been with flatnose wadcutters. The jam alot by design in these guns. Conical style wadcutters perform much better. I picked up 2 30+ round mags from a gun show many years ago.

This drum clip looks quite interesting as well:
https://caagearup.com/product/glock-extended-magazines/

https://caagearup.com/product/glock-9mm-50-round-drum-magazine-rwb-usa/

Originally Posted by ammolab
Originally Posted by ctechbob
Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted by buck91
Good deal! Very interested to hear what type of condition it is received in. No doubt serviceable but how clean or how rough... Kind of wish I would have scooped up a trade-in G17 or G22 when they were still in stock.

There are BOO KOO G17/22 all over the interweb! Man, the G22s are like rabbits, they just keep coming/appearing!
GOOGLE "LE tradein guns" and hold on.
laugh.gif

I bought my G21 at officestore.com
They have FREE shipping on everything $99 and higher. It's a police supply store. They have a lot of LE trade ins.

Most agencies are switching away from .40 to 9mm, that's why they are all over the place. We just finished swapping ours out last year.

I looked at "officestore.com" and it was, well an office store. Paper, pens and pencils...no cop stuff, no guns.

Sorry about that. I forgot the "R" at the end of office.
officerstore.com
https://www.officerstore.com/store/category.aspx/categoryId/3591/Police-Trade-In/

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
anyone know?
Does one need proof of being a policeman, to purchase at this officer store?

NO. You don't need to be a LEO.

Apparently not ...

Post up some pixs when you get that Glock.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Apparently not ...

I had planned on it. It's only my 2nd ever Glock to have owned.
smile.gif

smile.gif

Does that seller of the trade in guns give any idea of how old they are or the condition? Buying used seems it could be lot of luck of the draw unless they grade them somehow and price accordingly. Hope you get one in decent shape.

smile.gif

Does that seller of the trade in guns give any idea of how old they are or the condition? Buying used seems it could be lot of luck of the draw unless they grade them somehow and price accordingly. Hope you get one in decent shape.

I talked to the owner and he said they have their own armorer that goes over them before they ship them out. If it doesn't meet his specs it goes back to Glock for refurbishing and into their display case to sell. He said they can't be graded 1, 2, or 3, due to holster wear. But mechanically, he feels they are Grade 1.

Originally Posted by ammolab
Originally Posted by ctechbob
Originally Posted by buck91
Good deal! Very interested to hear what type of condition it is received in. No doubt serviceable but how clean or how rough... Kind of wish I would have scooped up a trade-in G17 or G22 when they were still in stock.

There are BOO KOO G17/22 all over the interweb! Man, the G22s are like rabbits, they just keep coming/appearing!
GOOGLE "LE tradein guns" and hold on.
laugh.gif

I bought my G21 at officestore.com
They have FREE shipping on everything $99 and higher. It's a police supply store. They have a lot of LE trade ins.

Most agencies are switching away from .40 to 9mm, that's why they are all over the place. We just finished swapping ours out last year.

I looked at "officestore.com" and it was, well an office store. Paper, pens and pencils...no cop stuff, no guns.

Um, it's the Officerstore. I have received some very nice trade ins, some looked like they were issued to a donut eating pencil pushing desk sitting Officer for a couple weeks before they traded in.

https://www.officerstore.com/store/category.aspx/categoryId/3592/Hand-Guns/#/orderby/9

Glocks sure are tough I'll say that. I used to dislike that notched unsupported case chamber due to blowing my duty gun a few times . They get a bad rep mostly because of Federal ammo that used extremely thin cases. It's government contract ammo sporting a hydra shock bullet issued to federal LE agencies and stamped "FC" on the button. If you find any in a batch of cases it's best to toss them. Id saved up 🤦ðŸ»â€â™‚ï¸ about 2000 of those over the years, issued practice ammo. We got issued that junk forever to carry on the job and for whatever reason it never got 🤔 noticed, or mentioned,Nice !
Anyways I've blown at least 5 of those cursed things and it's done nothing but break the extractor. That was twice and none of them did anything really exciting except jam the gun, pop off the button or split the case in the unsupported area. One of those popped the button off my buddies Shield as well so it's not the notched chamber at fault . I pulled about 1200 of them (with a hand type🥴 puller and found they're crammed with between 6-6.2 grains of what looks like Bullseye. Definitely hot stuff.
Glock fixed it free both times and all I paid for was $75 to get some tritium sights installed.
Anyways so much for the plastic gun cheap junk theory. I read someplace years back that block bought back one of its earliest production guns. Some range rented it out for many years and it had an estimated 700,000 rounds through it. Still functioned fine. Just like a 1911 you just can't kill a Glock.
I'd not be too afraid of buying a used police gun like this. While they all qualify 3-4 times a year, ( liability🙄) using full duty rounds they seldom keep those guns for over 10 years I'm told. Mine went 16 years with those nasty Federals along with the whoopsies without showing any sign of looseness.

Apparently not ...

smile.gif

Hey Blue.
Did you get your Glock yet? If so, I'm dying to hear about the condition. If it looks ok, I'm going to get one also. Sure sounds like a lot of gun for the money.
Thanks.
Duke

Back