Who Makes Carquest oil ??

Have a couple of jugs of Carquest 10W40 HM full syn I picked up on clearance for literally pennies lol and I have heard everything from Valvoline,Mobil, Warren ???

So who does ??

I don't have access to them now, So i cant read off any codes on bottles

Dave

Your carquest 10w-40 synthetic high mileage oil is made by Amalie. If you check Amalie's website, you'll see the containers are identical to yours (grey bottle with a red cap). I switched from Pennzoil 10w-40 to the same Carquest 10w-40 you have in my liquid-cooled 250cc Kymco scooter. I'm very happy with how it performs in the bike. It feels like a thin 40 weight. I believe its close to 13.5 cst @ 100c.

Originally Posted by Tkonrr
Your carquest 10w-40 synthetic high mileage oil is made by Amalie. If you check Amalie's website, you'll see the containers are identical to yours (grey bottle with a red cap). I switched from Pennzoil 10w-40 to the same Carquest 10w-40 you have in my liquid-cooled 250cc Kymco scooter. I'm very happy with how it performs in the bike. It feels like a thin 40 weight. I believe its close to 13.5 cst @ 100c.

Thanks
thumbsup2.gif
Makes sense I NEVER heard of or seen that oil down here in the south central states lol

Must be a regional thing like Coastal, Citgo, BP, Sunoco ??
21.gif

Looking at the Dexos database, some Carquest comes from Amalie, some comes from Warren(Not WPP/Warren Distro) , and some comes from Coastal/Irving.

I have a 5 qt jug of CarQuest 0W20 full synthetic from Advance Auto Parts and I can't tell where it comes from. I also have a 5 qt jug of SuperTech 0W20 full synthetic from Walmart and again, I can't tell where this comes from either. But, I know it isn't WPP.

Last edited:
In the southeast states Carquest is currently made by Amalie, as are other house brands including at least some flavors of STP, American XT, etc. Dexos numbers are the same as their Elixir synthetic so I presume it is the same stuff. Just look for "AOC" on the bottom of the jug to confirm it was made by Amalie Oil Co.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by RyanY
In the southeast states Carquest is currently made by Amalie, as are other house brands including at least some flavors of STP, American XT, etc. Dexos numbers are the same as their Elixir synthetic so I presume it is the same stuff. Just look for "AOC" on the bottom of the jug to confirm it was made by Amalie Oil Co.

A lot of the oils seem identical to Amalie, which I think has been making some very good oils for a long time. Interestingly though, Amalie doesn't seem to offer some weights in their blends like 10W-40 in a HM or 10W-30 in a full synthetic Elixir that they blend for others like STP...

Originally Posted by NormanBuntz
Most of the private label oils blended and bottled by Amalie Oil Company have the initials AOC on the bottom of the jug or bottle. And its not for that nut job in NYC.

HA !!! I get it and she is
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Dave

Originally Posted by Char Baby
I have a 5 qt jug of CarQuest 0W20 full synthetic from Advance Auto Parts and I can't tell where it comes from. I also have a 5 qt jug of SuperTech 0W20 full synthetic from Walmart and again, I can't tell where this comes from either. But, I know it isn't WPP.

What are the last 2 digits of the Dexos License, if it ends in 049 it's Amalie, if it ends in 028 it's Warren Oil, if it ends in 060 it's Irving/Coastal Packaging.

Where might this license number be located onthe bottle/jug?

Usually on back of jug near bottom I've noticed

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Where might this license number be located onthe bottle/jug?

Usually on back of jug near bottom I've noticed

I found the #'s for both the CQ & ST.
The # for both are...CQ(49) & ST(25).

Looks like the CQ is Amalie and has the "AOC" on the bottom of the jug.
The ST only says,"Distributed by Walmart. Made with domestic and forign components".

IDK anything about Amalie(CarQuest). As good or better than WPP/WNE?

Last edited:
Me too. The $25 oil special, CQ syn + CQ Premium Filter worked great for me. I found the oil incredibly smooth in my KIA 2.4.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Sir: I'd use either with confidence. Have some Carquest Syn 5w20 to use btw

I have a 5qt jug of each the CQ & ST in 0w20 full syn.

Last edited:
Back