Amsoil ADN 10w30

Morning.

Who has tried Amsoil ADN 10w30, and how would it compare to ACD on a year round light duty 5.9 Cummins 12v ?

-35c to 45c, mixed city/hwy, no towing, occasionally haul the odd 1600lb-2000lb drivetrain.

Thanks.

Have not tried in but on paper looks robust especially with regards to noack. Most 10w30 heavy duty oils have noack between 10-12. Amsoil adn has noack of 4.5 according to spec sheet which is suggests excellent thermal stability.

ADN should be a great oil. Most of the 10w30 offerings by all the oil companies are pretty darn good. I have become quite fond of 10w30 HDEO. If 10w30 works fine in a 2000 Detroit 60 that is a factory reman with over 700,000 miles into its second life, and typically has to move around gross weights of 75,000+ lbs, and uses about 1-2 qts of oil (out of the 10 gal full sump) in 20K to 22.5K mile oil changes, it should be just fine for the OP's use.

Thanks; any advantages (aside from price) to using the ADN rather than the ACD ?

I am currently using the Amsoil ADN 10w30. On paper it does look incredibly stout. I will run a UOA in a couple more thousand miles. I used it all winter up here in Minnesota, 0 starting issues.

I agree have noticed that Amsoil's "lower tier" oils have the best noack numbers for nearly any oil on here including redline. If you hid the names of the oils and just put the data-I would likely have guessed the second tier oils were the signature series.

After buying a 2020 Ram 3500 dually with the H.O. Cummins TD, I was surprised to see a 15K oil change recommendation using 10w30 oil in the manual. I am thinking of using the Amsoil ADN, as there are few choices in that weight. I'm not interested in doing oil analysis in order to stretch the interval out to 15k (an interval I would not normally be comfortable with.)

We are full time RVers with a 20k fifth wheel and this Ram is our daily driver/hauler. I am thinking of shooting for 10k OCIs, knowing that I can go over without any concerns.

Are there any good options to the ADN in this weight?

Thanks

Originally Posted by HighwayRanger
After buying a 2020 Ram 3500 dually with the H.O. Cummins TD, I was surprised to see a 15K oil change recommendation using 10w30 oil in the manual. I am thinking of using the Amsoil ADN, as there are few choices in that weight. I'm not interested in doing oil analysis in order to stretch the interval out to 15k (an interval I would not normally be comfortable with.)

We are full time RVers with a 20k fifth wheel and this Ram is our daily driver/hauler. I am thinking of shooting for 10k OCIs, knowing that I can go over without any concerns.

Are there any good options to the ADN in this weight?

Thanks

Biosyn HD 10w30. I wouldn't exceed 10k without oil analysis though.

I ran petrocanada duron semisynthetic 10w30 year around up here. Lots of idle time, cold starts, light and heavy towing. The oil held up absolutely superb in the full 15,000 mile index. I only did 2 tests this far but both came back almost identical. The oil had little care for one with fuel dilution, the other with 100 idle hours and piles of cold starts and short trips.

Have zero fear of running a 30 weight for a full index while towing.

I am using it in a 2007 6.0 diesel, 3300 miles on oil thus far.
I buddy of mine is using it in a 2018 Ram cummins 6.7. Seems to like it, a much better fuel economy than the 15w40 rotella he was previously using

Back