Subaru Toyota Evoltis

Not trying to stir up a hornet's nest--but what is the "of course" here? Why would a 300 mile range drop when the car is made for the US? Pls don't tell me that this is after converting from metric.
cool.gif

The article stated: More details about the EV leaked out late last week via the Japanese auto website Response. The Subaru Evoltis will likely be an all-wheel-drive 280-horsepower electric crossover with about 300 miles of range. Of course, US range estimates will be much lower.

Last edited:
It's a design study which means it's not even a drivable vehicle, so any claims about performance,range,etc are at this point utterly meaningless. Note that it has no door handles, mirrors, wipers, lights, etc.

Originally Posted by paulri
Not trying to stir up a hornet's nest--but what is the "of course" here? Why would a 300 mile range drop when the car is made for the US? Pls don't tell me that this is after converting from metric.
cool.gif

The article stated: More details about the EV leaked out late last week via the Japanese auto website Response. The Subaru Evoltis will likely be an all-wheel-drive 280-horsepower electric crossover with about 300 miles of range. Of course, US range estimates will be much lower.

Range claims are subject to change and interpretation.
The Taycan originally touted 420 mile range; when it go to the US, the EPA rated it between 190 and 201. Real world is probably better.
I can tell you, just like gas (only worse), our Model 3 real world range highly depends on where you drive, how you drive, AC Heat, etc.
Plus, EPA and advertised range is based on 100% charge; we charge to 90% I believe.

I am sure the Evotis will be quite a car.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by paulri
cool.gif

I don't understand that either. Maybe regulations reduce the range somehow?

Definitely still in the planning stages but interesting to see. Maybe about as far along as the Mazda MX30.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Japan has their own. Ministry of Environment.

Right, so that implies they're less conservative for EVs, right?

Good. I hope in the next 4-6 years to be able t o buy a PEV that meets my requirements. I went ICE again in 2019 because currently one does not exist, but it would tickle me to no end to buy something I don't need to pay to drive.

Back