Michelin Defender ( H ) sipes ...

good amount of them that go to base of the tire .

IMG_2134.JPG

IMG_2135.JPG

IMG_2133.JPG

IMG_2136.JPG

Edward, yes it's a good thing. More usable tire life.

I just got my Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season PLUS, and the siping is very shallow. I must have forgotten from my last set.

Odie, are/did you buy them?

Last edited:
The more sipes and the deeper they are make for better traction and longevity . No , these were at a MAVIS . Using RT43 ( H ) close to 5 years .

I loved the Primacy MXV4 tires as well. I have the new defenders on my 2000 Lexus LS400 now. They are wearing well-give very good traction especially in the wet. However the ride quality did not match the older Primacy's and the handling is noticeably worse. I really miss those tires too.

Originally Posted by spiderbypass
I loved the Primacy MXV4 tires as well. I have the new defenders on my 2000 Lexus LS400 now. They are wearing well-give very good traction especially in the wet. However the ride quality did not match the older Primacy's and the handling is noticeably worse. I really miss those tires too.

I couldn't agree more!
I just replaced my OE Michelin Primacy MXV4 on the Altima in my signature, with Pirelli Cinturato P7 All-Season PLUS. And though the Pirelli's are a very nice tire indeed(smooth & quiet, good riding) and my 3rd set of them(and my 5th set of Pirelli's), they're not as serene as the Primacy MXV4's.

However, to replace these OE Michelin Primacy MXV4 in my size & speed rating(215-55-17 93V), would have cost me $223/each. Where as the Pirelli's cost me $103.50/each(normally $141/each).

I couldn't agree more!
I just replaced my OE Michelin Primacy MXV4 on the Altima in my signature, with Pirelli Cinturato P7 All-Season PLUS. And though the Pirelli's are a very nice tire indeed(smooth & quiet, good riding) and my 3rd set of them(and my 5th set of Pirelli's), they're not as serene as the Primacy MXV4's.

However, to replace these OE Michelin Primacy MXV4 in my size & speed rating(215-55-17 93V), would have cost me $223/each. Where as the Pirelli's cost me $103.50/each(normally $141/each).

Primacy MXV4 had perfect combination of comfort and road feel. Ironically-the one tire I have driven on that never would have bought-tire came on a used Lexus LS 400 I bought and still drive are the Radar Dimax AS-8 tires which I preferred over the Defenders have on the vehicle now.

This is a post I made reviewing these tires here on bitog.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...144853/radar-dimax-as-8-diamond-in-rough

Back