Favorite browser

Originally Posted by Cujet
I'm using Brave. It seems to be the best mix of features. It's fast too.

+1

Brave it is.

Currently I'm on Vivaldi. I love the tabs on the left side (it does this without addons). Longtime firefox user but I've grown tired of the constant changes to the user interface.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Waiting to see some responses of "Internet Explorer".

And Netscape Navigator.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Waiting to see some responses of "Internet Explorer".

I have a couple of web apps at work that work better on internet explorer than on chrome. I use chrome for everything else. Firefox doesn't want to stay logged into our companies internal sites for some reason. We actually have a training web app that doesn't work on internet explorer. Has to be used on chrome.

On Windows machines around here I have actually switched to the (Chromium-based, new) Microsoft Edge. I am using that over Chrome for two reasons:

1) It's the default install; saves me a few minutes on a new Windows install downloading, installing and signing into Chrome.
2) The mobile version, UNLIKE CHROME, has a baked-in ad blocker.

On Linux machines it's Firefox.

I keep portable versions of most browsers around to test web sites as I develop them.

I use Opera('s built-in VPN, where I can spoof a U.S. location) when I need to access geographically-specific content.

Originally Posted by NormanBuntz
Firefox on my PC. Microsoft Edge on wife's newer laptop.

I was using Edge on my new laptop when I first got it, and it seemed pretty decent. But then I downloaded and installed Firefox since that's my favorite.

Got a Chromebook, so it's Chrome as default on my Ubuntu Mate machine as well as my phone.

Got a Fire tab so I imported Chrome bookmarks into my Silk browser. Silk doesn't get much respect but seems OK to me. Of course I don't do much of anything serious like bill paying or taxes on a Fire.

Ubuntu Mate rig also has Firefox and Opera installed. Previous computer used to have Brave as well, but I seem not to have installed it (yet) on this one.

For all the uncounted millions of 32-bit iPad Version 4 users waiting with bated breath, I recommend iCab Mobile. The only Firefox this thing will download is years out of date, as is Safari.

The developer, though, keeps iCab current. The last update was a couple of weeks ago. It also has more controls and switches than a jet fighter, with no end of customizability. Is that a word?

Back