Got A Surprise in the Mail

Since this Covid 19 thing started, things have certainly quieted down across the board. The grocery stores around here get picked clean and it becomes interesting trying to decide what to make for dinner. The other day, I opened my front door and there was a white styrofoam cooler on my stoop. I checked it and it was Omaha Steak from my dad. What a nice surprise.
I opened it up and found hamburgers, hot dogs, fettucini Alfredo, Mac and cheese and a couple different filets. Im very excited to have a steak with some bleu cheese melted on it.
My son and I had a burger the other night. VERY tasty.

I gotta get busy and build that bat house my dad wants.

Last edited:
My sister and her friends in the neighbourhood each cooked up a dish and dropped off a portion at each house and vice versa. Remote Potluck.
smile.gif

Last edited:
I've been helping my mother out (I have a vastly larger grocery selection in this area than she has), and brought some things. I recall hand soap (she needs hypoallergenic), the dishwasher stuff she uses, cleaning vinegar...after she lamented not being able to find ground beef more than 80% lean, I brought 3lbs each of 93% and 85% lean. (Walmart's prepackaged tubes, which she isn't a an of...but they had it.)

Originally Posted by Cujet
That's seriously nice, especially right now! Does your dad need an adopted son???

Ill ask. Youre kinda far.

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
My sister and her friends in the neighbourhood each cooked up a dish and dropped off a portion at each house and vice versa. Remote Potluck.
smile.gif

Potluck distancing!

Originally Posted by NYEngineer
Since this Covid 19 thing started, things have certainly quieted down across the board. The grocery stores around here get picked clean and it becomes interesting trying to decide what to make for dinner. The other day, I opened my front door and there was a white styrofoam cooler on my stoop. I checked it and it was Omaha Steak from my dad. What a nice surprise.
I opened it up and found hamburgers, hot dogs, fettucini Alfredo, Mac and cheese and a couple different filets. Im very excited to have a steak with some bleu cheese melted on it.
My son and I had a burger the other night. VERY tasty.

I gotta get busy and build that bat house my dad wants.

That's awesome! Treasure and cherish your parents
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted by Bobaloo22
Very nice!

+1

Hot dogs are a vice for me. I can eat them for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I like my steaks pan fried. If you toss a little bacon grease in to lubricate the pan you'll think you died and went to heaven.

That was very thoughtful and wonderful.

I hope you enjoy it.

NOthing like a local butcher shop though.

When there is NO killer Virus going around.

Last edited:
Just curious did you look to see if the Filet Mignon's were grass or grain fed, they sell both but are famous for their grain fed steaks.

I've had them several times, very good as long as you don't over cook them.

Last edited:
Handy to get a package of food like that during these times !!

Last week inspired by my parents, I took custom Starbuck orders from the hospital Emerg Dept director to nab coffees for those in the weeds. I was expecting a much bigger group of employees so I saved quite a bit versus what I was expecting to invest .... I think there were 13.

My parents are just into their 80's and mom was grocery shopping last week - couldn't get the image of gourmet jelly beans out of her head so she bought a few pounds.
They called friends and neighbors around town and told them to leave their garage door open, then went on a delivery spree to lift spirits.
I can just picture them tooling around town in their '05 200,000 mile Prius spending half the day on such a project. What a life !!

smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Imp4
Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
Someone explain the appeal of fliet mignon to me, please.

It's better than rump roast.

lol.gif

If tenderloin is cook rare to medium rare it is some of the most tender steak out there. I prefer ribeye myself, though tenderloin might be a "healthier" option for some.

Back