Falken Wildpeak A/T3W

I know I'm late to the game on these, but I got them put on today and I'm impressed! The OEM Goodyear Fortitude HT went 21,000 miles and had 6/32" tread left, but in wet, it was like driving on racing slicks. Not only do these make the Z71 look better, but they are just as quiet as the GY. Now I know why they are so highly recommended everywhere online. I stayed with the stock 265/65R18 size.

77BC8FDE-5AF3-4D02-AD8F-12435E6C4840.jpeg

9CD39C55-14D0-4DDE-9D2D-0A1F3234A3BB.jpeg

E3AF912E-053D-468D-8C17-ACE711A0824E.jpeg

323A2658-51F6-4961-A2E4-994C3BF9FBDC.jpeg

Welcome to the gang! Wildpeaks in MN here on my Tundra. The are awesome in the snow (if you ever see any in TX)

I run them on my 4Runner in 5 months of winter here, just finishing their 3rd season with 8/32" remaining...for such a soft sticky ride I'm impressed.

Running them for 2.5 years on my 2011 F150 in LT285/70r17. Been a great tire so far, wearing like iron with very good winter traction. Oddly I find the wet traction started dropping off last year but snow traction is still very good...

They came stock on my Rubicon. Really impressed with them--ride, noise, wear, and off road capability. I will probably replace them with the load range E model instead of load range C to give a bit more sidewall protection.

I was strongly considering these on the new SUV, but went another route in the end. They look good on your truck.

Originally Posted by HoosierJeeper
Looking at these next for my Renegade and Liberty. How's the noise for those that have had them awhile?

I have 11K on mine now and the noise levels are fine--not a lot of "singing" at all. I was very concerned about that when I first bought my Jeep because my previous 4x4 vehicles had all terrains on them and not mud tires.

Originally Posted by HoosierJeeper
Looking at these next for my Renegade and Liberty. How's the noise for those that have had them awhile?

Have them on, for almost 2years and 20k miles, really quiet tire. There is nothing that I don't like about them, simply ex ellent. I have been driving full size pickups for close to 20 years, went through a lot of different tires, those are just about as good as one would expect to get regardless of price,and those are priced lower than some of the more " recognized" competition

Originally Posted by 2015_PSD
They came stock on my Rubicon. Really impressed with them--ride, noise, wear, and off road capability. I will probably replace them with the load range E model instead of load range C to give a bit more sidewall protection.

For what its worth,i had these(load range e) on my f150 and they wore like iron. 7500 mile rotations ... great tires imo!

Last edited:
How do more aggressive tires like these do for towing? I like the design, but I tow a travel trailer. How do they handle turning and braking while towing?

Originally Posted by Shellguy
Originally Posted by 2015_PSD

For what its worth,i had these(load range e) on my f150 and they wore like iron. 7500 mile rotations ... great tires imo!

Thanks for this. I am leaning more and more towards using Falkens as the replacement, though I may also explore moving up to 35's (currently running 33's).

It's a great A/T tire but what did you do in a day that could be so impressive? Did you wheel it, drive in snow, rain storm? I'm just saying (party pooping I know).

Originally Posted by stanlee
It's a great A/T tire but what did you do in a day that could be so impressive? Did you wheel it, drive in snow, rain storm? I'm just saying (party pooping I know).

In a day? Not following that logic, but it's been in mud and clay lots of it. Pouring down rain and sleet. Lots of open road and I have been happy with the performance in all situations.

Back