Anyone Else not get their Stimulus $$$ ?

I updated my address,bank info for Direct deposit with my CPA last weekend and still nothing ??

I asked my CPA what the frek is going on and he said some people haven't got theirs due to some technical system error with IRS ??. My mom and brothers got theirs already direct deposited mid-week.

I'm so pss'd !! Could REALLY use that $$$ towards business reinvestment
mad.gif

PLEASE LETS NOT GET OFF TOPIC POLITICAL. I DON'T WANT THIS TO GET LOCKED

Dave

Last edited:
didn't get one yet ...who knows if I will.. I heard that some checks are going back to the tax preparer ..if you had a tax place do yours then maybe check with them….just what I heard

I don't qualify but my son got one. Soon as that's gone he'll be looking for the next one from me.

Originally Posted by FT92
didn't get one yet ...who knows if I will.. I heard that some checks are going back to the tax preparer ..if you had a tax place do yours then maybe check with them….just what I heard

Ya I also heard that. But have been doing direct deposit for years now. That wouldn't make sense, but then again its the IRS/GOV

Dave

I got my $2400
I got a $23.00 refund from my car insurance due to less driving
I won $290.00 on the pick 3 lottery.
It's been a good week.

Maybe updating your banking info 'last Week' was after the checks were actually issued ?

I believe you can go to the IRS web-site and check on the status of your Relief Check.

I received mine five days ago and the IRS deposited it into my Checking Account.

Originally Posted by MasterSolenoid
Maybe updating your banking info 'last Week' was after the checks were actually issued ?

I believe you can go to the IRS web-site and check on the status of your Relief Check.

I received mine five days ago and the IRS deposited it into my Checking Account.

Been doing that several times this week I get the "According to information that we have on file, we cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time."

Dave

Originally Posted by marine65
I got my $2400
I got a $23.00 refund from my car insurance due to less driving
I won $290.00 on the pick 3 lottery.
It's been a good week.

thumbsup2.gif
WELL deserved
34.gif

Dave

I believe the IRS was using '2018' tax info for issuing the Checks.

1) Is your address the same ?
2) In 2018, if you received a tax Refund, was it deposited directly into your Bank Account ?
3) Are you using the same Bank for direct deposit this year ?

If nothing has changed, give it another Week.
Somebody has to be the last to receive it.

The people who will be really complaining are the ones who moved since 2018 and have NO direct deposit.

They used my 2019 return for processing the stimulus payment. Had they used my 2018 return it would have gone to a checking account I no longer have. Most everybody I know including myself received it on Wednesday April 15th.

Originally Posted by MasterSolenoid
I believe the IRS was using '2018' tax info for issuing the Checks.

1) Is your address the same ?
2) In 2018, if you received a tax Refund, was it deposited directly into your Bank Account ?
3) Are you using the same Bank for direct deposit this year ?

If nothing has changed, give it another Week.
Somebody has to be the last to receive it.

The people who will be really complaining are the ones who moved since 2018 and have NO direct deposit.

Have moved since my 2018 taxes.But same bank and account #

Dave

Originally Posted by XCIDMigs
IRS has probably been contacted by Walmart and various Auto parts chain stores in reference to your purchases.....

har har har
18.gif

Dave

Yeah, so basically if you don't get a big refund back you don't get a check?

The IRS website doesn't even recognize me or my Wife's SS#'s!!! They sure remember us every month when I deposit tons of payroll taxes!

Just like the PPP program, we got nada despite being at the same bank for over a decade with biz and personal stuff.

We got ours though we fully don't need it. I feel sorry for the small businesses. They are getting jacked around between unclear regulations and banks equally uncertain about vague definitions. That's what I've heard from CPAs and such in broadcasts.
I guess that's what always happens when something is implemented this rapidly. Questions arise and answers aren't there, people changed banks or addresses which causes rejection of claims, on and on. I did hear them say something about people who filed their taxes by mail being handled after everyone who filed electronically.🤷ðŸ»

Can't tell for sure but probably when you tried to do the right thing in your first post you unintentionally threw a slight kink in the system.

If I read it correctly, you changed your address and bank account. Probably just threw a red flag but it will work out.

My Mom's address has changed since she filed in 2018. She didn't file this year. She hasn't received anything yet. Bank account the same.

Back