*Mobil 1 AP Noack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobil 1 customer service provided me with the Noack values for their AP 0w20 and 5w20, which I believe are the best oils on the market for GDI engines calling for a 0w20. The only possibly better option would be Driven DI20.

Mobil 1 Annual Protection 0W-20: 8.9%
Mobil 1 Annual Protection 5W-20: 8.5%

Originally Posted by buster
Mobil 1 customer service was excellent. They provided me with the Noack values for their AP 0w20 and 5w20, which I believe are the best oils on the market for GDI engines calling for a 0w20. The only possibly better option would be Driven DI20.

Interesting why they dont list it on their website..

Wonder what is the Noack value on Mobil 1 0W16?

Originally Posted by painfx
Mobil 1 customer service was excellent. They provided me with the Noack values for their AP 0w20 and 5w20, which I believe are the best oils on the market for GDI engines calling for a 0w20. The only possibly better option would be Driven DI20.

Interesting why they dont list it on their website..

Wonder what is the Noack value on Mobil 1 0W16?

I believe they are going to be putting it on their website.

cheers3.gif

Originally Posted by PimTac
Thanks for sharing. Getting ready to change here in the next few day with AP 0w20.

That is what I use too.

Mobil 1 customer service provided me with the Noack values for their AP 0w20 and 5w20, which I believe are the best oils on the market for GDI engines calling for a 0w20. The only possibly better option would be Driven DI20.

Thank You kindly for sharing Buster
smile.gif

Thanks Buster....What kind of OCI do you think these 2 oils (AP) are capable of in a GDI motor? The GDI in my 2014 Focus 2.0 Duratech turns dark much quicker than in my wife's 2.5 PI Duratech in her Escape. I would have no problem going 10K in the Escape but I'm leery about doing it in the DI Focus. Do you happen to know the SA numbers?

Ravenol has the M1 covered in the 0W20 as far as Noack is concerened.

Last edited:
thats good for a lighter oil, redline is better as other all real synthetics are + unless your in a very cold climate most any cheaper 10-30 will have good noacks, as noted DI dirties the oil faster so earlier changes can be better

Originally Posted by sloinker

Ok, so what is it?

Ravenol has the M1 covered as far as Noack is concerened.

Good information!

Schaeffer is another good choice for GDI engines.

cheers3.gif

The Mobil data sheets don't list the Noack specification where I have been looking. Red Line/Ravenol/Driven and other boutiques do list this number, of course they are costlier and not API licensed. Until Mobil actually publishes the spec's you cite it isn't real.

The Ravenol is actually licensed Dexos 1 gen 2 and has the lower Noack in the 0W20 but is slightly higher in the 5W20 versus the M1 AP numbers you report.

I hope that M1 does actually become more transparent and gives a fuller spec. sheet soon.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by IndyFan

Ok, so what is it?

https://www.ravenolamerica.com/motor-oil/0w-20-motor-oil-ravenol-dfe/

Originally Posted by benjy
thats good for a lighter oil, redline is better as other all real synthetics are + unless your in a very cold climate most any cheaper 10-30 will have good noacks, as noted DI dirties the oil faster so earlier changes can be better

Redline Noack for their 0w-20 is 9%, the 5w-20 is 8%, roughly the same as the Mobil 1 products. But don't let facts and actually checking the data stop you from posting your usual home-brewed marketing drivel
smirk.gif

Originally Posted by OVERKILL

Redline Noack for their 0w-20 is 9%, the 5w-20 is 8%, roughly the same as the Mobil 1 products. But don't let facts and actually checking the data stop you from posting your usual home-brewed marketing drivel
smirk.gif

Don't disagree but at least they are published. The Mobil 1 numbers for Noack don't seem to be, I can't find them. Where should I be looking?

Noack under 9.0% for a 0W-20? That's PAO talking! Even for Amsoil SS, it's 10.0%.

The trio of Mobil 1 AFE 0W-16, Mobil 1 EP 0W-20, and Mobil AP 0W-20: the best base-oil quality of all off-the-shelves oils out there, if not all oils out there, period!

What are you waiting for? Go to Walmart and get them!

PS: The Noack for their 5W-20 is actually not that good. What matters for the base-oil quality is the CCS times the Noack, and the CCS for a 5W-20 is a lot higher; therefore, you would need a Noack around 5 - 6% to have a comparable base-oil quality for a 5W-20.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL

smirk.gif

Don't disagree but at least they are published. The Mobil 1 numbers for Noack don't seem to be, I can't find them. Where should I be looking?

Mobil and Shell have both been hot and cold on posting Noack over the years, not sure why
21.gif
For a while all the Pennzoil PD sheets had it then they were revised and now I don't think any do? It's weird. Redline's white bottle product hasn't changed in like 10 years, so I expect just keeping Noack there was a matter of convenience. You'll notice it isn't shared for the black bottle "Professional" series
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Gokhan
Noack under 9.0% for a 0W-20? That's PAO talking! Even for Amsoil SS, it's 10.0%.

The trio of Mobil 1 AFE 0W-16, Mobil 1 EP 0W-20, and Mobil AP 0W-20: the best base-oil quality of all off-the-shelves oils out there, if not all oils out there, period!

What are you waiting for? Go to Walmart and get them!

If those outstanding Noack numbers for those three types/viscosities of Mobil 1 are correct, don't you think Mobil would publish them? If I was marketing director for that company i would be screaming from the rooftops over my superiority. The fact they aren't published or publicized makes me think they aren't as low as we are being led to believe. If I'm wrong I apologize, but I would still like to see some independent evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back