These lads are insane: liter bikes full throttle

I used to exceed legal limits all the time, from the Talega Hwy in SoCal to the Texas Hill Country and the Blue Ridge Parkway NC to Virginia. It's a miracle I didn't die but only fractured a kneecap.

These guy are a big more rude though.

Last edited:
you aint seen nothin until you see the worlds most dangerous motorcycle race the TT. all racing is dangerous more or less!!

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Not impressed with pinheads doing that in traffic. Must not have the stones or skill to get on a track.

This nothing more than negligent criminals.

That Juan Browne (blancolirio channel on YT) once said:
Google for brazil motorcycle police chase

Wow I remember them now and read the article! This was back when I used to spend good money at Barnes and Noble on glossy bike and car mags.
More death style than lifestyle

Originally Posted by spackard
That Juan Browne (blancolirio channel on YT) once said:
Google for brazil motorcycle police chase

I just watched the Brazilian video. Unbelievable! That was better than fake movie police chases!

Originally Posted by benjy
you aint seen nothin until you see the worlds most dangerous motorcycle race the TT. all racing is dangerous more or less!!

I started to mention my experience at the IOM TT on here one time, but the MSBs that came out of the woodwork made me rethink the telling of that experience.

Originally Posted by Propflux01
Can't get passed the horrible video quality.

That video was made back in about 2000. Remember watching it back then. That gold Busa is a 1999 model year (first year made).

Superbikes are awful at lawful speeds... my RC45 does 90 in 1st and at 6th its go straight to jail velocity... its a constant fight to hold it back... cagers are not amused...

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by BusyLittleShop
Superbikes are awful at lawful speeds... my RC45 does 90 in 1st and at 6th its go straight to jail velocity... its a constant fight to hold it back... cagers are not amused...

[Linked Image]

Hi BLS, that picture looks a lot like the backside of Monarch Pass in Colorado heading toward Gunnison.

Is your bike "restricted" or have you uncorked it with whatever was available to do that back in the day?

Found a really neat Cycle World RC45 test from back in the day where they got the model that was sold on the showroom floor. It dynoed at 97 horses and 49 foot pounds of torque with a top speed of 147 mph and 11.4 second quarter mile at 121 miles per hour.

They, like you, noted first gear was very tall!

I am such a fan of the mid 80's to 90's bikes. Honda had it with the V4 if they just could have kept production cost down compared to the inline 4.

My poor man bike is a 2001 ZRX 1200. With 17/40 (stock is 17/42) gearing it only does 80 mph in first gear at the 11,500 RPM redline provided by the ZX11D ECU and ZX11 double valve springs with ZZR 1200 cams. It just has an abundance of torque from the displacement and does well getting off the line with about 85 ft pounds to the rear wheel.

The RC45 is an incredible machine and piece of engineering!

Originally Posted by Bonz

Is your bike "restricted" or have you uncorked it with whatever was available to do that back in the day?

Bonz... thanks to an HRC memo we learned how to cut and
reroute 3 wires which results in an immediate increase to about
108.5 RWHP @ 12,250 rpm (118 at the Crank)

My RC45 is up 116 RWHP @ 12,250 due to a hand made titanium pipe
fabricated by another RC45 owner and my home made K&N filer...

Since you're a fan of golden era of 750 Superbike racing here is Joey
Dunlop's personal RC45 #3 up against Yamaha R1 motor of deaths 1999...

A case of a more experienced rider winning, on a slower bike.

It was truly a sad day when Yer Maun died in Estonia.

David Jefferies was my personal inspiration that a non-jockey sized rider could possibly be fast, and even win. And win he did until he was killed during practice at the IOMTT.

RIP to two great racers.

Last edited:
Salutes to Yer Maun and David Jefferies...

HRC kitted RC45's power and handling did surprise some just take it from Guy Martin...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
I had an opportunity to test ride a customer RC45 after performing a service. Never rode anything set up so well on factory suspension. And that engine's power delivery was very nice, a mid-range monster.

Back