Mobil 1 delvac 1 5w40 tuned 535d

Hello om looking for a good oil for my tuned 535d e61 lci EGR/DPF off. ~400hp / 600lb .

I looking for some heavy duty oil like deivac 1 5w40.

Is Api CI-4 plus ok? Has it lost its cj-4 ?

See specs:

https://www.mobil.com/en-us/commercial-vehicle-lube/pds/gl-xx-mobil-delvac-1-5w40

What u guys think? Maybe to thick oil? Or shall i just put some LL04 oil in? I drive my car relativly hard.

Cannot get rotella T6 here in Sweden

Last edited:
Since the EGR and DPF are off, a CI-4+ oil is fine.
It's not excessively thick. 14.8 cSt KV100 is actually less than RT6, which is 15.4.
If you can still get CI-4+, you're lucky.

That's about as good as you can get for a diesel with EGR/DPF removed. Is that available in Sweden? Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck 5w-40 is similar, but the Delvac would be my first choice.

I'd run the Delvac over the LL04 with that tune. Not sure about being only CI-4 plus. I would have figured it would be CJ-4 by now? The Turbo Diesel Truck is CJ-4. Perhaps someone else has some info on that. Curious can you get the TDT in Sweden?

400 ponies w/ 600 tq is awesome! Must really glue you to the seat.
grin.gif

thanks guys, sounds good
banana2.gif
I order 20L of this. Its more expensive than my usual cheap oils but maybe i can extend the drain interval frpm 5000 to 9000 miles. I know 5000 is overkill with todays oils but use to change in spring and in autumn before winter. This delvac 1 seems to be a good year-round oil to me.

Originally Posted by sohccammer427
That's about as good as you can get for a diesel with EGR/DPF removed. Is that available in Sweden? Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck 5w-40 is similar, but the Delvac would be my first choice.

I'd run the Delvac over the LL04 with that tune. Not sure about being only CI-4 plus. I would have figured it would be CJ-4 by now? The Turbo Diesel Truck is CJ-4. Perhaps someone else has some info on that. Curious can you get the TDT in Sweden?

400 ponies w/ 600 tq is awesome! Must really glue you to the seat.
grin.gif

Yes i can get this version of delvac 1 in sweden, but not much more of HD diesel oils. I cannot get my hand on Mobil1 TDT 5w40, was looking for that to
smile.gif

Yes the car pulls like a train
grin.gif

Last edited:
Does the Delvac have an insanely high zinc content in addition to the other additives that make up a good TBN?

Originally Posted by whizbyu
Does the Delvac have an insanely high zinc content in addition to the other additives that make up a good TBN?

There's a whole forum of just Virgin Oil Analysis (VOA) and this oil is one I have tested and run in my truck before.

cheers3.gif

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...-esp-5w-40-ck4-synthetic-voa#Post5298232

I wouldn't say insanely high zinc. The additive package is solid but you can get the same/slightly better for cheaper. The Mobil Delvac ESP sometimes gets steeply discounted in the US, but the regular price is a bit higher than all the others.

All that being said, as far as synthetic diesel oils go, many seem to agree this is one of the top commercially-sold options out there. And it smells sweet, like candy!
20.gif

Last edited:
Been using D1 in my small gens and change every other year … guess I forgot to smell it …

Originally Posted by 4WD
Been using D1 in my small gens and change every other year … guess I forgot to smell it …

Give it a sniff next time!
56.gif

Think the last bottle is in the recycling bin, gonna make sure nobody is 👀 … LoL

With regard to hdoildude's voa link: it is incorrect and irrelevant. The OP asked about D1 5w40, NOT D1esp 5w40. The CI4+ D1 is available in Europe.
And yes it is ok to use CI4 oil in a deleted vehicle.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by edyvw
So, how emission testing works in Sweden without DPF?

no problem, they dont do emission test on newer diesels, just Reading the OBD for fault codes
cool.gif

Thanks again guys.. will change the oil next week. This winter i have been running on Mannol 5-30 Energy premium , 55 USD / 20L .

link: https://mannol.de/imgbank/Image/public/images/bilder_chemie/msds/Energy_Premium_5W-40_tds.pdf

real cheap oil but i dont like the push my car really hard on summer with this in.

Originally Posted by Tikka
Hi
Ravenol 5w-40 may be worth a look. POA based.
https://www.ravenol.de/en/product-r...1/ravenol-ndt-nord-duty-truck-sae-5w-40/

Have been looking for that to , maybe try that out next time. Little bit better flashpoint (good for 35D-> with twinturbo setups i guess). and better pour point. Delvac got better TBN. But here i south sweden we got maybe 14 degrees Fahrenheit as lowest so i guess delvac is gonna do its job even at winter.
I have also read about that ravenol varies much in quality even if its the same oil.. So i dont really trust them to be honest.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by henrika
So, how emission testing works in Sweden without DPF?

no problem, they dont do emission test on newer diesels, just Reading the OBD for fault codes
cool.gif

Thanks again guys.. will change the oil next week. This winter i have been running on Mannol 5-30 Energy premium , 55 USD / 20L .

link: https://mannol.de/imgbank/Image/public/images/bilder_chemie/msds/Energy_Premium_5W-40_tds.pdf

real cheap oil but i dont like the push my car really hard on summer with this in.

Originally Posted by Tikka
Hi
Ravenol 5w-40 may be worth a look. POA based.
https://www.ravenol.de/en/product-r...1/ravenol-ndt-nord-duty-truck-sae-5w-40/

Have been looking for that to , maybe try that out next time. Little bit better flashpoint (good for 35D-> with twinturbo setups i guess). and better pour point. Delvac got better TBN. But here i south sweden we got maybe 14 degrees Fahrenheit as lowest so i guess delvac is gonna do its job even at winter.
I have also read about that ravenol varies much in quality even if its the same oil.. So i dont really trust them to be honest.

OK, however, I cannot picture that being legal in Sweden. So what happens if they determine you deleted DPF and SCR?

Originally Posted by m37charlie
With regard to hdoildude's voa link: it is incorrect and irrelevant. The OP asked about D1 5w40, NOT D1esp 5w40. The CI4+ D1 is available in Europe.
And yes it is ok to use CI4 oil in a deleted vehicle.

The link is correct. Irrelevant, maybe, but certainly it's correct, sir!

OK, however, I cannot picture that being legal in Sweden. So what happens if they determine you deleted DPF and SCR?

Don't get caught!

Seriously though, it's a calculated risk. Just like in the US, partner.

Originally Posted by HDoilDude

Don't get caught!

Seriously though, it's a calculated risk. Just like in the US, partner.

Nah, the US emission testing pales to EU. Not getting caught in the US is a breeze. Many states do not do testing at all, and in some that do, not all counties do it. I still cannot believe that in Sweden they are not checking diesel vehicles physically for DPF/SCR delete when in numerous EU and other European countries not only they check what is coming out of pipe, they also check whether all stuff like EGR, DPF etc. is in place + all that is stored on video in central server.
In Colorado when I got BMW X5 35d, guy from public health checked all my SCR and DPF equipment physically. Later they instituted emission testing where besides pipe testing again, all emission equipment had to be accounted.

Nah, the US emission testing pales to EU. Not getting caught in the US is a breeze. Many states do not do testing at all, and in some that do, not all counties do it. I still cannot believe that in Sweden they are not checking diesel vehicles physically for DPF/SCR delete when in numerous EU and other European countries not only they check what is coming out of pipe, they also check whether all stuff like EGR, DPF etc. is in place + all that is stored on video in central server.
In Colorado when I got BMW X5 35d, guy from public health checked all my SCR and DPF equipment physically. Later they instituted emission testing where besides pipe testing again, all emission equipment had to be accounted.

Sheesh, that's wild! Sorry to hear that.

Not living in Sweden, I can only guess that it may depend based on where you live. I know in certain EI Countries you can get away with plenty, just like in certain US states.

Out in the sticks it might be more lenient than in Stockholm.

The Swede himself said they don't check, so I'm guessing he's good to go where he lives.

Back