Apples: which do you like?

I love and always loved Fuji apples. Mom and grandma advice on that cant be wrong.

What apples do you folks like?

I have been eating one or two Honey-Crisp a day for about a year now. The lowest price place to get them is by the bag at a big Walmart.

A vendor of apples who has an apple farm was selling apples at the strip district last summer and he said that Honey-Crisp are hard to grow and have a low yield compared to other apples and that is one of the reasons they cost more. I suppose the high demand for them also drives the price up. The apple vendor told me that Cameo apples are as good as Honey-Crisp and easier to grow but I have never seen Cameo apples for sale anywhere, so I have never tasted them.

Another vote for Honeycrisp - they are grown locally here in Michigan. They are even better than Fuji, which is also good.

Another good one is Jonagold.

Pink Lady or Honey Crisp when shopping at the supermarket,they're about the only commercial varieties that have any taste, I'm not particular if I have some from the local orchards just about anything is good from there.

Honeycrisp is the best..

second tier
cosmic crisp, Kiku, Kanzi, ambrosia

cheap tier
gala

Honey Crisp. I'm also a fan of Gala and Fuji, but once I tried Honeycrisp, it's hard to give them up. I'll also eat Cameo if they are on sale and look like a good crop. Braeburn are also tasty.

I've tried a few others. Most recently I tried a Juici. It was good, but didn't measure up to the others. When our local grocer had some Jazz apples I tried a couple. OK, but still not as good as my favorite.

Back