'Skinny Jeans'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, only if you regularly have a leg day.

There are many gym rats who have no problems with jeans.

Your concern is equally valid for those of us who cycle.

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge
You should try buying jeans when you're a gym rat like myself, jeans don't fit us bigger guys.
lol.gif

Tapered fit are hard to find in stores.

Wrangler Regular Fit, Comfort blend. Wee bit of spandex (2% ?) in the denim. Makes huge difference over 100% cotton denim. 34 x 34 for me. Gym rats, leg trainers, and cyclists take note: try on pair of Wrangler Athletic Fit in the same 2% spandex blend denim. Could even be 1%, forget specifics on the label. I have a pair of the Athletic Fit's and there's a little more room in the arse, hips, and quads.

I can't wait until this fad goes away! Looks ridiculous. And they are all high-water length. Especially since this style has carried over to suit pants, too! I wear shorts year round so the jeans I do have are VERY rarely used (once this winter and then I'd say few years before that).

Originally Posted by atikovi
Originally Posted by SpitFire6
Hi,
I thought I better add that I am happily married with 2 kids. Ducky.

Say hi to your husband for me.

bobisthedatingguy.com?
lol.gif

Lucky fit me the best. Not too tight, not too baggy. A nice modern fit.

Sometimes I'll try jeans and on can't get them past my thighs. And I've missed many a leg day in the gym. You need really skinny legs to wear them. Not sure who has a 34 inch waist and 14 inch thighs.

Carhartt relaxed fit, roomy, comfy, durable jeans. dungarees.com has a section under deals for Carhartt factory seconds, they are "blems" but a very fair price. The only place that I purchase clothes online from. Skinny jeans are ghey.

Originally Posted by Toy4x4
I can't wait until this fad goes away! Looks ridiculous. And they are all high-water length. Especially since this style has carried over to suit pants, too! I wear shorts year round so the jeans I do have are VERY rarely used (once this winter and then I'd say few years before that).

I agree.....I think the 'skinny' style is very emasculating....

Originally Posted by pbm
Originally Posted by SpitFire6
A big Hi to my gay friends.
Respect.

LOL...that's what my wife said when I tried them on.....

PS: My favorite pair of jeans are my Wrangler Relaxed fit 'stretch' jeans.....98% cotton 2% spandex...the 2% spandex makes them very comfortable.....and I'm a pretty average size ...34/30

New BITOG offshoot forum: Qu**r Eye for the Oil Guy

P.S: I think my Lee Performance are similar to the Wranglers you described. Look like jeans but a bit stretchy. Sort of like yoga pants for men

I can't imagine skinny jeans comfortable for anybody who has something that resembles legs. I have a lot of leg days and I'll wear fitted/athletic cut jeans (like levis 541) but only because I'm willing to sacrifice some comfort for looks when it comes to a business casual setting.

I agree.....I think the 'skinny' style is very emasculating....[/quote]

Goes along with the man bun crap!
Looks emasculated on both ends.

Another year-round shorts guy here. I absolutely hate wearing jeans, feel hot and sweaty all day...yuck. Thank heaven for Gold Bond powder when I have to wear them. Levi's 569 or 550 sort of work for me, 40x32. Not a big fan of anything "stretch"...I feel like it clings to me. Being a fat boy probably doesn't help.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by CincyDavid
Another year-round shorts guy here. I absolutely hate wearing jeans, feel hot and sweaty all day...yuck. Thank heaven for Gold Bond powder when I have to wear them. Levi's 569 or 550 sort of work for me, 40x32. Not a big fan of anything "stretch"...I feel like it clings to me. Being a fat boy probably doesn't help.

You me in same boat and same name lol I'm "Stuck" in Dallas for now. One day its shorts weather 70's, 80's. next day its jeans weather temps in 40's 50's

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back