Words of inspiration.

Anyone got any favourite sayings, memes or anything else that helps with moving ahead in difficult times?

My great grandpa used to say " Never say Whoa in a mud hole "

Last edited:
I tell my kids, "It doesn't count unless it needs stitches or an X-ray."
smile.gif

Another family favorite is, "Whiners get bubkis!"

When you want to make a point, watch out for people with erasers.

If you're looking for me, I'll be in the corner of the round room.

The 1st thing you should do, when you find yourself in a hole, is stop digging. From someone trying to help me and my complicated head.

You never have to take another drink in your life, if you don't want to. From a lady who changed my life.

"Be nice." From one of the meanest people I have ever known,

Last edited:
Originally Posted by earlyre
if my dad repeated one phrase more than any when i was a kid:
"If it aint yours, don't touch it!"

I really like this one. It's a great basis of respect. I'm pretty sure my dad also taught me this.

Another one that I believe is attributable to Winston Churchill is:
"When you are going through he!!, Don't stop."

Don't take the counsel of your fears.

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Never sit in a wicker chair if you're naked.

When I was a young boy, as young teenage boys do, we make the same mistakes over & over without learning from them. So instead of someone saying..."Don't make the same mistakes twice", that didn't sink in with me. Until someone told me to..."Stop jumpin' in the fire"!

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." -Mark Twain

I posted this on social media a few weeks ago:

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."

These words are most often attributed to Winston Churchill, of whom I deeply respect and have spent countless hours reading about his life in both his own words and those of others, but have found no record of him ever speaking them.

Nonetheless, that phrase is something each of us should consider while facing or finding ourselves in the midst of a difficult situation. Failures are not fatal, indeed, they are the catalyst to find a better way or a different path. The old adage goes "one door closes and another opens", and I have found this to be true more often than not, but while in throes of the experience, we may not able to see it.

The aforementioned can applied to the current environment in the world today and while it has been and will continue to be impactful on many people's lives, we have to remember this pandemic is not final, we will all learn something from it provided we have the courage to continue.

My sincere thanks to the first responders, delivery teams, and those who must be out in the world working—you are making a difference daily!

Stay safe my friends.

Don't [censored] into the wind.

Suck it up and move on.

Don't mean nothing.

"Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom." - U.S. Gen George S. Patton

My dad would repeat that line from time to time as I grew up. He was a WWII vet, infantry but not Patton's outfit.

Back