Just ordered my daughter an electric bike!

Supposed to be here Friday. Thought about a moped but this would fit her needs and the price of 499.00 is reasonable to me. Anyone else have a electric bike?

https://gotrax.com/products/shift-s...-T86iEl1UzlV2zf5bGkPlQE0x6YaArOeEALw_wcB

Screenshot_20200415-160807_Chrome.jpg

28.... She doesn't drive but needs to get around. Almost everything is within 5 miles of us. Figured it is rideable 7 months of the year. Weight limit is like 265 pounds.

If needed we are the emergency back up transportation.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Cool. How old is your daughter?

28.... She doesn't drive but needs to get around. Almost everything is within 5 miles of us. Figured it is rideable 7 months of the year. Weight limit is like 265 pounds.

If needed we are the emergency back up transportation.

I rented an electric bike on vacation last year and had a blast. It went about 20 MPH. They should be more popular.

I recently test rode a Specialized Turbo Vado eBike. As a long-time biker I was absolutely amazed how good it was. I live in a very hilly city and now want one ...‚

Unfortunately, quality name-brand eBikes start at about $2,500. Name-brand Full suspension eMountain Bikes start around $5,000 🤯. You can find clearance/demo bike under $4,000 though.

Neat!

I noticed a ton of e-bikes on Walmart's site when the bride ordered my mongoose (non e-bike) for me. Was curious how those work out.

Well my daughter is really using and enjoying her bike. It is a solid bike and has good power. The only issue is the battery is on the small side so heavier adults are more likely to get around 10 miles of range not 15.

We did get a nice lock for it.

She also had to jazz it up....

20200420_092857.jpg

Last edited:
I have a couple of the Chinese bikes. One is a 250w lower powered 20" foldable similar to yours and a larger more standard with 350w power. They have been great fun and in hills, takes the load off of my cranky knee.

My wife and I both have the "Specialized" brand of e-bikes. These are made to be ridden ever day. They weigh 50 pounds/each and are built like tanks. The have a range of 25 miles. And based on our experience they will do that.

They are both Vados.

We got really lucky and bought them slightly used at about half off.

Just be aware that she may get a ticket for operating an unregistered motor vehicle on public roadways, if she is in fact driving it in any public road.

Back