What Say BITOG on Choice of New Dishwasher to Get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Whirlpool is entering its 35th year of trouble free service if it goes out today the replacement will be a whirlpool .

Avoid LG.

We bought one and it was dead from the factory.

The replacement they brought broke down three times in the first year, once flooding the kitchen and ruining the basement ceiling directly below it.

We had an older Bosch die and we replaced it with a KitchenAid- no complaints.

Originally Posted by gathermewool
Originally Posted by Tdbo
Probably at that price point, going with the Bosch is your best bet.
Though we have a Bosch, I think we are going back to Whirlpool for our next one.

I'll do more research when the time comes, but it's hard to beat what works well and our '07 Bosch washer works well.

What makes you want to switch?

We had a Whirlpool Gold Quiet Partner III for years. It was an excellent dishwasher and we really liked it.
Age caught up with it, and when I replaced the fridge, I ended up replacing the dishwasher.
Ended up going with the Bosch because I got a good deal ( with sale and additional negotiation it was almost $100 cheaper than the Whirlpool comp)
Problem one was it needed a new control panel in the first 30 days.
Bosch initially refused to replace. After raising he**, they gave in.
Between first appointment, getting parts, and getting installed, it took a month.
When loading the first time, we discovered that the racks were a real PITA to load The dishes we had at the time did not work well with it.
Solution. New dishes. Cha-ching!
It does a decent job. The Whirlpool we had was quieter (at the same price point.)
It is not like we despise it, but the attitude that I got about fixing it coupled with the difficulty getting parts (the Bosch tech that worked on it admitted he had trouble) gives me pause about buying another.
We'll run it until it croaks, but we are going back to Whirlpool for the next one.

We have had a Kitchen Aid for four years now. No problems. Very quiet. Stay away from GE and Frigidaire.

From reading the remarks i hear a lot of "I had X before so ill get X again" I will reiterate ...the company that Used to make the one you loved may not still make the new one. With re-badging and Chinese manufacturing you have absolutely no way to know what model from what maker will have a design flaw or known problematic component/s. Research specific models to avoid the problem ones and don't blindly follow a brand name. In a previous life i was commercial kitchen service man which included commercial dish machines from small undercounters to giant monstrosities in arenas and halls.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back