245/65/R17

So I have a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. The tire size is 245/65R17, I'm looking at getting some decent A/T tires but for the first time, I'm finding a limited selection in this tire size.
I've been told this is an odd size that has limited tire applications and is why Jeep changed the tire size in the WK2.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Toyo Open Country AT2 on my 04 GC and it's a tank in the winter. No issues with the tires. I've heard good things about the Falken Wildpeaks too.

Hi
I have the same Grand Cherokee on same size tyres.
I initially considered the General Grabber AT3 but got the Michelin latitude cross instead. Both available in the correct 'H' speed rating too if that is a consideration in America.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I normally no questions asked get BFG All-Terrains for my vehicles, but because the WK uses a rather uncommon size, the prices I can see are a bit more than I see value in.

I'm leaning towards Falkin or Cooper.

I would take Cooper over Falken. The only Falken they had on tire rack in that size was a Wildpeak and it was built in China. All the Cooper options were from the USA.

I'm not opposed to the Chinese makers as long as it there is a DOT number and it's not a fly by night maker that is still learning what a tire mold isn't lol.

So here is where I am at. I've narrowed down it down to Either the Grabber AT, the Cooper AT3, which all look like good options.

However, back in the running for me is the BFG All Terrains; the price isn't bad I see at Discount Tire for them at 167 a tire, which I am comfortable on that price verses what I was looking at over last month. But I'm wondering if someone has the classic BFG lower....

245/70/17 would probably fit fine too. That is a common size, lots of Grands and Traillblazer/Envoys etc run that size. Try finding a 215/65/17 all terrain....
smile.gif

Originally Posted by KE7JFF
So I have a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. The tire size is 245/65R17, I'm looking at getting some decent A/T tires but for the first time, I'm finding a limited selection in this tire size.
I've been told this is an odd size that has limited tire applications and is why Jeep changed the tire size in the WK2.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Go with 245/70/17.
My truck calls for 235/70/17's. I am running the most popular 17" tire, which is 245/70/17. The 235's are too expensive.

Back