Recent Topics
Hailstorm Yesterday
by Delta - 06/05/20 04:47 AM
Date code on Mighty Engine Guard II? Air Filter
by blufeb95 - 06/05/20 01:01 AM
My poor Jetta can't catch a break.
by FordBroncoVWJeta - 06/05/20 12:22 AM
Bought a truck finally, warning no Ford content
by bdcardinal - 06/04/20 11:31 PM
Got a septoplasty today....
by daves66nova - 06/04/20 10:44 PM
2020 330i xDrive Loaner
by MCompact - 06/04/20 10:02 PM
Appliance repair?
by motor_oil_madman - 06/04/20 09:44 PM
Glad we got a seasonal RV site
by Pat in Speedway - 06/04/20 09:19 PM
Mobil 1 AP Clearance at Wal-Mart
by KeithS_NW_Ohio - 06/04/20 09:07 PM
Recent experience with a Michelin Defender
by FordSVTGuy - 06/04/20 08:46 PM
music quality of speakers in the 70's vs now
by raaizin - 06/04/20 08:15 PM
pressure washer care
by raaizin - 06/04/20 08:06 PM
Watch Forums?
by maverickfhs - 06/04/20 07:53 PM
Who has a media/sand blast cabinet?
by spasm3 - 06/04/20 07:39 PM
Why isn't Polyethylene Glycol standard?
by RamFan - 06/04/20 06:37 PM
Motorcraft GF-6 at Quick Lane.
by Gene K - 06/04/20 06:29 PM
OEM Honda wiper blade curvature
by mclasser - 06/04/20 06:24 PM
GDI vs. MPFI OCI's
by LubricatusObsess - 06/04/20 06:19 PM
Mobil “full synthetic”
by 53' Stude - 06/04/20 06:01 PM
1992 Ford Ranger Brake Fluid Type
by yeehaw1960 - 06/04/20 04:21 PM
Newest Members
Jettero, stubby73, Polkaman, Ramboagain, tekfire07
71609 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
33 registered members (Amkeer, bachman, BBC_bias, CB900F2, chuck172, Danno, 6 invisible), 764 guests, and 29 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics306,229
Posts5,288,652
Members71,608
Most Online4,538
Jan 20th, 2020
Donate to BITOG
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Kirkland 0W-20 at local Costco #5402862 04/14/20 10:27 AM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,068
T
thooks Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,068
Just a heads up - I was able to buy the 0W-20 Kirkland oil at my local Costco last week for $25 / 10 quarts. I had not seen this weight in the store previously and it has taken Y E A R S for Costco to even carry 0W-20 from Mobil 1 or other brands in store from my experience. Maybe someone is finally looking at sales charts?

Anyway, I had to previously order this from the website and it was $30 plus tax, free shipping. Not a bad deal and about the same price, just not available to me "Right now!!" Not that I needed it, it went straight on the shelf.

BTW, I am only using this because I was able to start using it in our new Highlander at the 2nd oil change (5,000 miles). I'm not going to switch from Mobil 1 in my Tundra that has been using that since new (116k miles).

Re: Kirkland 0W-20 at local Costco [Re: thooks] #5402876 04/14/20 10:37 AM
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 3,197
C
csandste Offline
Offline
C
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 3,197
"BTW, I am only using this because I was able to start using it in our new Highlander at the 2nd oil change (5,000 miles). I'm not going to switch from Mobil 1 in my Tundra that has been using that since new (116k miles)."

Why not?


2017 Kia Soul+ Valvoline Daily Protection 5w30+ a bit of Harvest King syn 5w30-- 75,000 miles
Re: Kirkland 0W-20 at local Costco [Re: thooks] #5402889 04/14/20 10:43 AM
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,302
L
LoneRanger Offline
Offline
L
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,302
Look up the PQIA's VOA of Amazon Basics 0W20 to see what the Kirkland 0W20 looks like. Same oil. Good oil. Warren Distribution.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...arren-distribution-makes-if-youre-intere


http://pqiadata.org/AmazonBasics_0W20.html

Re: Kirkland 0W-20 at local Costco [Re: thooks] #5402906 04/14/20 10:58 AM
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 263
6
64bawagon Offline
Offline
6
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 263
I saw a sale ad starting April 20th that it was $3 off the 2 jug package, making it an even better deal.


64 Chevy wagon, 10 Jeep Wrangler, 18 Silverado 1/2 ton
Re: Kirkland 0W-20 at local Costco [Re: 64bawagon] #5402983 04/14/20 12:44 PM
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 918
J
jayjr1105 Offline
Offline
J
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 918
Originally Posted by 64bawagon
I saw a sale ad starting April 20th that it was $3 off the 2 jug package, making it an even better deal.

So basically $11 per 5qt? That's insane.


2013 Mazda 3 - PP 0w20
2005 Honda Odyssey - PP HM 5w20
Re: Kirkland 0W-20 at local Costco [Re: csandste] #5402985 04/14/20 12:45 PM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,068
T
thooks Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,068
Originally Posted by csandste


Why not?


Well, for one, there's too many intelligent and well-experienced mechanics that advise against changing brands of oils after you've practiced using one brand/additive pack. Two - Mobil 1 is a great oil, my UOAs have proved it many times over 3 vehicles.

If you and the whole gang at BITOG who don't have a problem mixing add packs and also have years of experience and knowledge tearing down and repairing engines want to come together and fund an account for any engine failures for the life of my truck, I'll change for you.

I can afford the extra cost and in the grand scheme of things won't be that much for continued service from Mobil 1.

Re: Kirkland 0W-20 at local Costco [Re: thooks] #5403025 04/14/20 01:26 PM
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,131
D
Danno Online Content
Online Content
D
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,131
Originally Posted by thooks
Originally Posted by csandste


Why not?

Two - Mobil 1 is a great oil, my UOAs have proved it many times over 3 vehicles.

If you and the whole gang at BITOG who don't have a problem mixing add packs and also have years of experience and knowledge tearing down and repairing engines want to come together and fund an account for any engine failures for the life of my truck, I'll change for you.


M1 has engine failure guarantees for life of the vehicle?
Where do I sign up?


2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 5.7L Hemi
2019 RAV4 Limited Hybrid
2016 Sorento SX V6 AWD
2010 Mazda 3 2.0L
Re: Kirkland 0W-20 at local Costco [Re: thooks] #5403028 04/14/20 01:29 PM
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 13,132
T
Triple_Se7en Offline
Offline
T
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 13,132
Originally Posted by thooks
Just a heads up - I was able to buy the 0W-20 Kirkland oil at my local Costco last week for $25 / 10 quarts. I had not seen this weight in the store previously and it has taken Y E A R S for Costco to even carry 0W-20 from Mobil 1 or other brands in store from my experience. Maybe someone is finally looking at sales charts?

Anyway, I had to previously order this from the website and it was $30 plus tax, free shipping. Not a bad deal and about the same price, just not available to me "Right now!!" Not that I needed it, it went straight on the shelf.

BTW, I am only using this because I was able to start using it in our new Highlander at the 2nd oil change (5,000 miles). I'm not going to switch from Mobil 1 in my Tundra that has been using that since new (116k miles).

Lots of Mobil-1 fans here that won't switch for the lifetime of their vehicles. I've seen your most recent UOA here....... it's good.

I guess if I were to pick out a Warren product to use in my wife's new Kia Soul at 5K, I'd go with Warren Oil, instead of Warren Distribution. NAPA near me offers Warren's Mag-1 label. We've seen a few different UOAs from Warren Oil here that are all filled with rave reviews from members here. I know our nearby Meijer stores has Warren Oil, as does Rural King stores scattered around a bunch of states. That Warren label is Harvest King Oil.


19' Hyundai Santa Fe 2.4 GDI - Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w30 / OEM 35504 Filter
20' Kia Soul X-Line 2.0 MPI - 50-50 blend Pennzoil Platinum HM & Pennzoil Gold 5w30 / AC Delco PF1127 Ecore filter




Re: Kirkland 0W-20 at local Costco [Re: Danno] #5403031 04/14/20 01:33 PM
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 674
B
blufeb95 Offline
Offline
B
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 674
Originally Posted by Danno
Originally Posted by thooks
Originally Posted by csandste


Why not?

Two - Mobil 1 is a great oil, my UOAs have proved it many times over 3 vehicles.

If you and the whole gang at BITOG who don't have a problem mixing add packs and also have years of experience and knowledge tearing down and repairing engines want to come together and fund an account for any engine failures for the life of my truck, I'll change for you.


M1 has engine failure guarantees for life of the vehicle?
Where do I sign up?

Shell has a warranty on Pennzoil products, but honestly it's a warranty that covers "lubrication failures" and I haven't read the fine print but I'm sure it's an almost worthless "warranty"

Re: Kirkland 0W-20 at local Costco [Re: thooks] #5403032 04/14/20 01:33 PM
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,302
L
LoneRanger Offline
Offline
L
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,302
Originally Posted by thooks
Originally Posted by csandste


Why not?


Well, for one, there's too many intelligent and well-experienced mechanics that advise against changing brands of oils after you've practiced using one brand/additive pack. Two - Mobil 1 is a great oil, my UOAs have proved it many times over 3 vehicles.

If you and the whole gang at BITOG who don't have a problem mixing add packs and also have years of experience and knowledge tearing down and repairing engines want to come together and fund an account for any engine failures for the life of my truck, I'll change for you.

I can afford the extra cost and in the grand scheme of things won't be that much for continued service from Mobil 1.


There's also tens of thousands of vehicles purring happily into six digits on the odometer that get whatever's on sale put into the sump each oil change, that refute the old tale that says to stay with the same brand and formulation for the life of the vehicle. Many of these high mileage rides also have been getting a fram or generic filter at the same time!!

Re: Kirkland 0W-20 at local Costco [Re: thooks] #5403035 04/14/20 01:40 PM
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,634
J
jimbrewer Offline
Offline
J
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,634
Can’t complain about the price. UOA after UOA proves that Warren synthetic hangs with any of them. It took years for the Sam’s Club by me to stock 5w-20. I guess they assumed no one drives a Ford.

I completely understand the M-1 fan’s’ point of view. I and my family have turned in some spectacularly long-lived results with not necessarily famously durable cars.

I’ve about decided that Mobil 1 has a detergent pack that really sets them apart.


3.7L Ford
Re: Kirkland 0W-20 at local Costco [Re: LoneRanger] #5403037 04/14/20 01:41 PM
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 13,132
T
Triple_Se7en Offline
Offline
T
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 13,132
Didn't you recently have a 2012 Chevy Colorado in your signature? Is it gone? I still have my 2004.... until mid-summer. Then my 18 year-old grandson is getting it for college treks


19' Hyundai Santa Fe 2.4 GDI - Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w30 / OEM 35504 Filter
20' Kia Soul X-Line 2.0 MPI - 50-50 blend Pennzoil Platinum HM & Pennzoil Gold 5w30 / AC Delco PF1127 Ecore filter




Re: Kirkland 0W-20 at local Costco [Re: 64bawagon] #5403045 04/14/20 01:46 PM
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 35
O
Oneill5491 Offline
Offline
O
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 35
Originally Posted by 64bawagon
I saw a sale ad starting April 20th that it was $3 off the 2 jug package, making it an even better deal.

Where did you see this ad?

Re: Kirkland 0W-20 at local Costco [Re: LoneRanger] #5403075 04/14/20 02:19 PM
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 5,194
C
CKN Offline
Offline
C
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 5,194
Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Originally Posted by thooks
Originally Posted by csandste


Why not?


Well, for one, there's too many intelligent and well-experienced mechanics that advise against changing brands of oils after you've practiced using one brand/additive pack. Two - Mobil 1 is a great oil, my UOAs have proved it many times over 3 vehicles.

If you and the whole gang at BITOG who don't have a problem mixing add packs and also have years of experience and knowledge tearing down and repairing engines want to come together and fund an account for any engine failures for the life of my truck, I'll change for you.

I can afford the extra cost and in the grand scheme of things won't be that much for continued service from Mobil 1.


There's also tens of thousands of vehicles purring happily into six digits on the odometer that get whatever's on sale put into the sump each oil change, that refute the old tale that says to stay with the same brand and formulation for the life of the vehicle. Many of these high mileage rides also have been getting a fram or generic filter at the same time!!


This is VERY TRUE^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Re: Kirkland 0W-20 at local Costco [Re: thooks] #5403094 04/14/20 02:30 PM
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 13,132
T
Triple_Se7en Offline
Offline
T
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 13,132
CKN
You can walk on the opposite, other side of the fence and see truth also.
I hate it - when everyone here is right. Cheers2


19' Hyundai Santa Fe 2.4 GDI - Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w30 / OEM 35504 Filter
20' Kia Soul X-Line 2.0 MPI - 50-50 blend Pennzoil Platinum HM & Pennzoil Gold 5w30 / AC Delco PF1127 Ecore filter




Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

BOB IS THE OIL GUY® Powered by UBB.threads™