Electric Power Washer recommendation?

I currently have one of those Greenwork powerwashers. I've used it for the last 6 years. No issues other than it's underpowered. Looking for a better, higher powered, electric one.

Thank you

I have a Stanley electric power washer and its fine.

I have not looked at all the models but was under the impression that for more power you needed to go to gas.

Since you want more power, electric may not be able to provide that for you. People on here can say my "blah blah brand" is great, but you may not have the same opinion when using it.
I do like the HF recommendation above however.

There are commercial electric power washers that run on 220v, they do a much better job.

I use both, although my gas one died and I'm putting off replacing it. The electric one does an adequate job at about 75% of what needs to be done, and they're quick and simple to use and maintain.

I'll probably upgrade both when a good (significantly
better) product becomes available.

Originally Posted by The Critic
https://www.harborfreight.com/home-...ance-electric-pressure-washer-56877.html

or

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Greenworks...ater-Electric-Pressure-Washer/1000731280

I am somewhat convinced that all of the div>

Thanks this is about what I'm looking for.
cheers3.gif

I have the Ryobi version of the Harbor Freight/Greenworks one. Same price at $199

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-2-000-PSI-1-2-GPM-Electric-Pressure-Washer-RY141900/205566055

It does all that i ask of it.. its main chore is removing heavy clay mud from my sidebyside after every ride. It also has pressure washed my deck once and has cleaned my personal vehicles probably 40 times.

Only had one issue that the wand burst a fitting and thats because i left it outside during a freeze. My fault.

I use Tide in the soap dispenser for mud.. seems to do well.

I have found anything Greenworks tends to be somewhat overrated on power based on experience with similar products. I have an older Milwaukee 14.4 hammer drill that is way more powerful than my Greenworks 24V drill and even the impact driver. They claim higher torque specs but in reality my old Milwaukee will snap heavy lug bolts off when driving into a deck. Not a chance with the Greenworks.

I also have a few of their yard tools that work fine for light maybe medium duty residential use. Tried retiring my 22 year old Makita weedeater but found it was still better than a 40V Greenworks. The 40V polesaw works fine for trimming trees around the house but definitely not a commercial product.

Also I have used several electric 110V pressure washers and they are fine for smaller light duty jobs but take too much time and effort for larger jobs. I do like that they are quieter than gas though. Would be good indoors too where you would not want gas exhaust fumes building up CO.

Originally Posted by krismoriah72
I have the Ryobi version of the Harbor Freight/Greenworks one. Same price at $199

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-2-000-PSI-1-2-GPM-Electric-Pressure-Washer-RY141900/205566055

It does all that i ask of it.. its main chore is removing heavy clay mud from my sidebyside after every ride. It also has pressure washed my deck once and has cleaned my personal vehicles probably 40 times.

Only had one issue that the wand burst a fitting and thats because i left it outside during a freeze. My fault.

I use Tide in the soap dispenser for mud.. seems to do well.

Thanks. I have had good luck with other Ryobi products.

I just retired my Karcher electric and replaced it with a gas DeWalt. Not sure why I waited so long. Night and day difference.

The greenworks is definitely over-rated/fake specs.
2300 MAX PSI at 1.2 GPM, 2.3 GPM MAX at 100 PSI

but they will rate it 2300psi 2.3gpm max.

They can only do so much on under 15amps of 120v

look for usable hose reel, stable platform and around [email protected] is about it.

i just bought a ryobi electric and it made my 20 yr old wood fence look new. whatever you get, buy the "pump saver" lube to flush out the water after use.

Washer

Yeah, $1500 is kind of pricey but I bet it lasts a lifetime and then some. I just put a new pump on my 2009 Craftsman gas 2800 psi for 70 bucks. It works as well as it did new now.

Last edited:
Being in the market for one myself and having just researched this, the Sun Joe SPX3000 seems to get great reviews from those into auto detailing, etc. This model has a nice quality hose and gun compared to most cheap models.

I mail ordered a refurb'd one off ebay for $99 shipped the other day. Should get it today or tomorrow. I was considering pulling the trigger on a smaller Sun Joe, a Stanley brand and another model off Walmart, but decided on the higher capacity SPX3000.

We'll see how it goes. I didn't want to spend more than $100-150 on electric because everyone says go gas. For me, I think a gas model is overkill, at least for now.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JTK
Being in the market for one myself and having just researched this, the Sun Joe SPX3000 seems to get great reviews from those into auto detailing, etc. This model has a nice quality hose and gun compared to most cheap models.

I mail ordered a refurb'd one off ebay for $99 shipped the other day. Should get it today or tomorrow. I was considering pulling the trigger on a smaller Sun Joe, a Stanley brand and another model off Walmart, but decided on the higher capacity SPX3000.

We'll see how it goes. I didn't want to spend more than $100-150 on electric because everyone says go gas. For me, I think a gas model is overkill, at least for now.

This looks good I may get it. For $142 not a bad deal.

My Greenworks one lasted a while and held up great. I've used it to clean a deck multiple times, cars and other things. Still works. I had a gas one and it was certainly more powerful, but also more inconvenient and expensive.

Buster, I got my refurbished SPX3000 a few days ago. It came FedEx, banging around loose in a box, but all the components looked to be factory wrapped. It looks new. I don't care for the handle design and fitment, but the rest of the machine looks/feels nice. The hose is nice quality as is the wand, power cord, gun and accessories. Of course it's been snowing ever since I got it. LOL. I see the same outfit it selling them for $129 now on eBay. They must have had a rush on them and raised the price.

Back