Battery Recommendations?

My 06 Nissan Pathfinder needs another battery I put a autocraft gold 750CCA in it thinking it would last since the last one I bought for a different car is going on 8 years strong but I was wrong the battery has already crapped out in less than 2 months it stays at 13ish volts for about 5 minutes the immediately drops down to 10 and will barely turn the engine over before needing to be jumped off. The battery worked strong up until now. I think I might be able to return it but I'm not totally sure.

Since Sears is finally on its financial lips I'd look elsewhere Toyota has a pretty good 84 month battery and I've had very go luck with they AC Delco batteries as well.

It has 3 years free replacement I wasn't sure if I should try to go for a different brand though or try to upgrade to a AGM. I figured the easily serviceable caps to keep the distilled water topped off was a good idea that's why I went with the gold orginally but I'm not too well educated on the different types of batteries and what is really good and my owners manual doesn't state anything about what battery I should put in it.

[Linked Image]

Take it back and get another one. Some are duds. You have a dud. Get a new one and hopefully, it's not a dud. Keep repeating until you get a good one. Don't spend more money on another battery. AAP has always been easy to warranty a battery.

Originally Posted by Dogred08
Can I buy one without a membership?

No. And if your Costco is anything like ours you will stand in line for hours just to get into the store. They are limiting busisnesses to only 10 customers at a tine.

Should I try to upgrade to one of the aap agm platinum batteries my car has the Bose system with sub and TV screen in the roof.

I would see if they let you pay the difference. Their system should let them do it.

Should I try to upgrade to one of the aap agm platinum batteries my car has the Bose system with sub and TV screen in the roof.

Those do sound like they would take higher than normal output, so perhaps that does change the recommendation.
Is 750CCA the std battery?

You don't need to upgrade battery because of that unless you sit and play the radio / DVD with the engine off for a long time. And that will be hard on any battery.

Did the car come with an AGM battery?

Take it back and check the dates on the battery, maybe you got one that was sitting around a while. I've been known to remove a few batteries from the rack to get one that was the freshest in the back.

Back