Silent Stop/Federated stores brakes

I would like to applaud the Silent Stop brake parts from your local Federated parts store. For me it's KOI Auto Parts.

Did all four corners today on the CR-V and these are by far and away the best, most well-fitting aftermarket parts I have ever encountered. Zero noise after the fact, everything went together nicely, everything came with hardware and lube. The hub areas are coated. $250 for rotors and pads grand total. Super happy.

Do you have a picture of the pads? I am curious who makes them.

Bosch makes the Perfectstop line for Federated.

Originally Posted by The Critic

As a "critic" of brakes, Michael, these are definitely worth your time. I would never steer someone like you wrong. I'm super happy.

http://www.silentstopbrakes.com/#home

Nice to see positive stories about "store brand" replacement parts. Lots of people won't acknowledge that store brands can be excellent quality. I've heard nothing but good things about Autozone or O'Reilly's top-grade/premium pads, for example. What people refuse to admit is that these are the same pads made by big-name brake parts producers and they just put them in different boxes.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Nice to see positive stories about "store brand" replacement parts. Lots of people won't acknowledge that store brands can be excellent quality. I've heard nothing but good things about Autozone or O'Reilly's top-grade/premium pads, for example. What people refuse to admit is that these are the same pads made by big-name brake parts producers and they just put them in different boxes.

I agree. I've used plenty of AutoZone Gold pads as well as their regular red box brakes without issue. My current go to pads for everything has been Raybestos EHT/Element 3 pads. Terrific pads and priced great on Rockauto. Good to see there are options at Federated too.

I put a set of silent stops on my old grand Cherokee,wonderful brakes,plus they looked good thru the alloy wheels,with the silent stop logo on the pad,

I love everything about my local federated,it's a real old school parts store.They will even press in a bearing or install a u-joint,for a small fee.

Originally Posted by Chris Meutsch
Originally Posted by The Critic

As a "critic" of brakes, Michael, these are definitely worth your time. I would never steer someone like you wrong. I'm super happy.

http://www.silentstopbrakes.com/#home

Thanks. I have a local independent parts store that sells the Perfect Stop line so I will have to ask if they stock these as well.

Usually it is cheapest for me to order Centric from Rockauto than to purchase anything local, but I will investigate further.

Back