Anyone riding?

Originally Posted by jeff78
Ride if you want, but don't relax too much. Less traffic is nice, but some other drivers (and riders too) will take advantage of this and be more liberal in their interpretation of traffic laws.

True ... I went riding yesterday and some clown in a van tried to take me out. Open up the roads and the idiots try to make even more idiotic moves with their driving.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Ride if you want, but don't relax too much. Less traffic is nice, but some other drivers (and riders too) will take advantage of this and be more liberal in their interpretation of traffic laws.

True ... I went riding yesterday and some clown in a van tried to take me out. Open up the roads and the idiots try to make even more idiotic moves with their driving.

The wife and I always assume that other drivers are out to get us, and are always prepared for evasive maneuvers. Now most obviously aren't, but we're never surprised when someone does suffer from MDS (Motorcycle Derangement Syndrome).

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix

My biggest fear is probably coming around a turn and finding an oncoming vehicle over the double yellow.

This one wasn't even a blind turn but the rider didn't have much of a chance:

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/02/b...ng-wide-turn-of-californian-canyon-road/

My biggest fear is probably coming around a turn and finding an oncoming vehicle over the double yellow.

This one wasn't even a blind turn but the rider didn't have much of a chance:

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/02/b...ng-wide-turn-of-californian-canyon-road/

That BMW driver needs to be charged with something ... he's lucky the guy on the bike didn't die, or it would have been a vehicular homicide charge.

My friends and I are riding trails on federal (BLM) lands wherever we can because it's the only thing that's open. But some of these places are really far out there and often the quality of the trail riding is not worth the drive. Tomorrow (May 1) one of our favorite riding areas is opening up for day use and we know it's going to be a zoo... we didn't think it was possible to be happy and sad at the same time but here we are.

Californians weren't smart and looks like the beaches got closed on them today. That hopefully doesn't apply to your off-road riding area that's going to be packed...

Originally Posted by Bonz
Californians weren't smart and looks like the beaches got closed on them today. That hopefully doesn't apply to your off-road riding area that's going to be packed...

The Californians are sheeple.

I sat on my neighbors motorcycle yesterday and he said take it for a ride. said thank you but no as I am one of those riders that has the most fun a micro second before I fall off and When you are young you bounce and at My age i splat. I really like M/C though.

School closures have me teaching Middle School online. Definitely gives me opportunity to sneak out for a ride during the day. Been taking advantage of that for about 2 weeks now.

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Well, like I said before I don't want even a remote chance of having to go to a hospital in a state of trauma or even any lesser reason right now. You catch a disease while you're all busted up from an accident and you're dead in 10 days or less. Body can only handle one trauma at a time.

I also think people refusing to abide public health orders risk being viewed as selfish, and should reconsider the common good as out weighing personal leisure pursuits.

I don't live my life by what other people think of me or being viewed as.

Going for a ride in the middle of the day on a two-lane road with light traffic in full protective gear seems like a well mitigated risk.

Is this saying hospitals are so unsanitary that a person admitted is more likely to catch covid-19 than they would the normal flu? That's news to me.

I am not aware of that public health order in Colorado that prohibits leisure pursuits such as a motorcycle ride? I can ride my mountain bike, I can go for a run, I can go for a hike, I can ride a motorcycle as well and be within any guideline put forth.

I absolutely agree with doing the right thing to protect the most vulnerable people in our population and going for a motorcycle ride endangers none of them at this point in the progression of the virus.

Riding motorcycles and fishing, swimming, water skiing at the lakes around here.

Last edited:
I originally stated I'd have the bike out by 04/01/2020, didn't happen. Rain, snow, low temps, work, new car purchase etc just got in the way. Finally yesterday took her down off jack stand, air up tires, check fluids and all controls then hit the super slap for about a 30 mile ride after work. All systems go! I did have a pucker moment taking the bike off my J&S Jack stand, the new bottle jack I purchased last year failed? It wouldn't hold pressure when pumping to raise bike off safety supports so I could lower it. Thankfully I didn't throw away the original 12 year old jack and raised it enough then got her down. The new bottle then sprung a leak and shot oil 10ft across my garage floor. Wonderful, but at least none on bike or me. J&S office closed until mid May due to covid-19 so I'll have to wait for a new warrantied bottle. May just buy a new 6 ton today from Rural King or Tractor Supply for under $30. I'll see..... great to be riding though!

My wife and I along with our oldest son and his GF rode just over 200 miles today along with about a 30 mile stretch of the Blue Ridge Parkway in SW Virginia. 84 degrees here but about 10 degrees cooler on the parkway. Had lunch at a Bojangles Chicken restaurant with no dine in rules in effect. The drive thru was lined up around the building but an employee saw we were on motorcycles in the parking spaces and came out and took our order, brought our food to us, and we even payed our bill in the parking lot. We gave the employee a nice tip and ate our food on a bench at the gas station next door where we filled up our bikes. I have ridden the parkway for 40 years but I've never seen so many motorcycles on the parkway in one day. Cabin fever, plus a beautiful day really brought them out.

Originally Posted by CT8

Not native Californians... the problem is when you turn the country on its side... everything loose falls west into our state...

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by BusyLittleShop
Originally Posted by CT8

Not native Californians... the problem is when you turn the country on its side... everything loose falls west into our state...

[Linked Image]

BLS, that is a most excellent post! Lord, that made me laugh! .

Originally Posted by Bonz
Originally Posted by BusyLittleShop
Originally Posted by CT8

[Linked Image]

BLS, that is a most excellent post! Lord, that made me laugh! .

I wouldn't go there in the first place, lol.

I did some social distancing yesterday. Took a 110 mile stroll in 90 degree temps to some forests and parks. River water quite muddy and high water due to rain in the upstate.
[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Back