What do you put on your steak?

Marinate my steaks using one of brothers from scratch marinades. Nothing else needed. I prefer mine medium well with some green beans and baked potato
smile.gif

Medium rare without steak sauce, although I'll occasionally put steak sauce on a baked potato in lieu of butter and sour cream. If the steak is bad I might throw steak sauce on it but I'll probably never be back.

A sprinkle of sea salt immediately after it comes off the grill. My dad who is a retired butcher says "Good meat doesn't need make-up".

I like to let it come to room temp with a healthy amount of salt that I'll rinse off and pat dry before grilling, then a few cracks of pepper, and finish with a little butter.

Maybe a touch of salt. I cook mine sous vide and then either sear on the BBQ or with my asphalt torch so the steak is already tender and doesn't need any sauce.

Originally Posted by GSCJR
A sprinkle of sea salt immediately after it comes off the grill. My dad who is a retired butcher says "Good meat doesn't need make-up".

01.gif

Originally Posted by GSCJR
"Good meat doesn't need make-up".

Quality of the meat shouldn't be an issue. Why do people put ketchup on a burger, mustard on a hot dog, salt on french fries, dressing on salad, gravy on mashed potatoes, etc. Personal preference.

Back