Duralube Trans Shudder Fixx question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a odd vibration in new to me 2001 Tracker that would come and go randomly, that I thought might have been torque converter related, I used a tube of the Shudder Fixx in the transmission. Which obviously it didn't fix. Because the vibration ended up being an improperly installed CV axle.

My question is, since I added this to a perfectly fine transmission, will this cause any sort of damage? Should I have it flushed out?

Leave it and don't worry about it until your next fluid/filter change. Probably some ester in it for friction modification and cleaning. Keep it out of your eyes and don't breathe it if it starts on fire. Lube-Gard makes good products.

Ingredient Name CAS Number Weight % GHS - OSHA Classification
Lubricating oils, refined , used 68476-77-7 30 - 60 Not Classified
Amines, C12-14-alkyl, C6-10-alkyl phosphates 68603-55-4 30 - 60 Serious Eye Irritation Category 2A
Zinc, bis[O,O-bis(2-ethylhexyl) phosphorodithioato-.kappa.S,.kappa.S']-, (T-
4)-4259-15-8 7 - 13 Serious Eye Damage Category 1
Ethylbenzene 100-41-4 < 0.1% Flammable Liquid 2
Acute Toxicity 4 (inhalation)
Carcinogen Category

Thank you sloinker. I'll do just that, I just wanted to get someone elses opinion on it as well.

Originally Posted by soulburner
I had a odd vibration in new to me 2001 Tracker that would come and go randomly, that I thought might have been torque converter related, I used a tube of the Shudder Fixx in the transmission. Which obviously it didn't fix. Because the vibration ended up being an improperly installed CV axle.

My question is, since I added this to a perfectly fine transmission, will this cause any sort of damage? Should I have it flushed out?

Yes you should flush it out because it adds friction modifiers not needed. It will change the long-term dynamic friction coefficients.

Originally Posted by MolaKule
I took the OP to be referring to this product:

https://www.lubegard.com/products/isf/

I don't think Duralube makes or markets a shudder additive that I could find.

Yes, that's the product, Sorry. I don't know where I got it was Duralube from. One of those days lol

Looking at Lube-Gards literature concerning this product I would leave it in and just forget it's there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back