LG Stove Top Gone Crazy

I have a problem with my stove top switches. One switch operates 2 eyes and another switch operates a different eye.

We were cooking home made sausage and started to boil eggs and well, the "high" setting on the boiled egg burner caused havoc on the cast iron sausage eye.

I'm glad we have a whole house fan!

The left rear control operates both the left rear and left front. The rear center causes the left front to come on. The left front only controls the left front.
The 2 right side controls work fine. So my problem is with the left rear and rear center.

Is this a simple fix?

IMG_3226.jpg

Last edited:
I have to wonder if the control boards get too hot from the stove top. If there is some insulation that is overheating or causing intermittent shorting, Id suspect that the board is done for and would need to be removed and replaced. Not clear if such a scenario could be repaired as DIY.

I pulled a control board from an electric stove and sent it to an aftermarket company that repairs them. I am thinking it was in the $100 to $150 range. I my case the new control board was not available. The aftermarket company swapped my board for one they had repaired so turn around was quick.

I don't get it, what is the issue the photo shows? Are the speckles in the smooth ceran top not supposed to be there? The Whirlpool Estate range top in my former house had speckles as a feature and I prefer it to the non-speckled ceran top of the higher end Whirlpool range in our current house, as the speckles break up the appearance of smudges and etc.

Problem is its not a GAS range.

That Control panel looks like my Samsung panel.

Must use same membrane OE

Last edited:
We have gas at both homes.. Standing pilot at one and igniter at the other.. Both were a God send when we had no power for 2 weeks from an ice storm. The Samsungs and LG's make great TV but their appliances just miss the mark of durabiliy.

So a cooking surface (or burner) is called an "eye"? Who knew?

I opened a panel in the back of our LG fridge and saw a large control card.

Suppose it's so I can link my fridge to my laptop or doorbell.

Trouble there is that companies which go in for that stuff have to stick it everywhere.

Hot, greasy locations are not ideal for circuit boards. Foolish application.

Heck, Samantha Steven's stove clock failed after a while and it had gears!

Had the same problem with my LG range, out of warranty of course. The tech who came out said "Yea, these control boards can't handle heat and moisture." And I said, " You mean, like when I use the stovetop and when I try to clean the control board display after I use the stovetop?" He said," Yea."

We have a LG cooktop with the touch controls at the front of the cooktop and the burners in the back. With this setup the area where the controls are never gets hot. With the controls in the back and above the burners like it is in the picture I can see how they would be exposed to a lot of heat.

Rest easy Bullwinkle. If you're old enough to remember why you prefer a GE gas range with burners and knobs you're wise enough to know you're a dying breed. You've outgrown your role as a market segment, as I have I. It's ok.

Originally Posted by Aredeeem
Rest easy Bullwinkle. If you're old enough to remember why you prefer a GE gas range with burners and knobs you're wise enough to know you're a dying breed. You've outgrown your role as a market segment, as I have I. It's ok.

One of these days I'll move up to a drop-in gas range-but it'll still have burners and knobs! I'm spoiled by gas burner's instant-on heating, I would never go back to electric. I don't have front-loader washers or dryers at home either! Must be getting old...

I'll tell my tale.2003 my oven wouldn't heat up. Yes I am so Smart I took out the wiring diagram and all the circuits were good so all that is could be was the circuit board. The stove was not like the stoves to day . I order the circuit board and put it back together and only half the oven would heat up. I called the service guy and watched him do exactly what I did ! He said the circuit board was bad. I showed him the receipt and he called his boss and they did a warranty on the circuit board and charged me half the labor. I became a loyal customer and I now call the guy.

Perhaps Aredeeem can tell us otherwise, but my local appliance repairman tells me that getting parts for LG appliances is very difficult, and in many cases, if an LG appliance breaks down out of warranty, you just replace it.

You may want to look into the option that Donald mentions. If someone can repair the out of order part, that could be a pretty good way to go.

Originally Posted by vwmaniaman
Talk about behind the times, I still use a percolator. Makes great flavor in the coffee.

I still use a coffee pot. As on top of an "eye".

Back