I'm looking for a 0w30 A5 B5 oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting close to the new Civic time. I'm borrowing a Sport HB with paddle shifting. Looked up the oil spec on Castrol UK site and it's 0w30. Any ideas or suggestions?

are you going to get a 10th gen with 1.5t? if so, don't look any further but any 5w30. even ST will give your engine decent lubrication and fluid film for a conservative interval of 5K or so.

Mine has been on steady 5w30 diet for the last 40K miles.

BMW TwinPowerTurbo (TPT) LL01FE 0w30

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-engine-oil-07510017866

This is A5/B5 oil

grin2.gif

Last edited:
If it's A5/B5 you're looking for then Pennzoil Platinum 5w30 or Pennzoil Platinum Ultra 5w30 meet that. If you're willing to drop A5/B5 and get a good 0w30 look at Pennzoil Platinum Euro LX 5w30.

Last edited:
I'd start her off with a belly full of Redline. You got amazing results with it in your current car. Using it from the beginning would be really interesting to see. Do they still make the Civic Si?

You might still be able to find Castrol Edge 0w30 at Pep Boys, if your local store hasn't converted to service only. It's A3/B4

Liqui-Moly makes at least two A5/B5 0w30 oils:
Special Tec V (part #20202 for the 1L, #20204 for the 5L)
Longtime Plus (part #1150 for the 1L, #1151 for the 5L)

Napa carries Liqui-Moly or can get it easily. If shopping Napa, put "LM" in front of the part number. For example, LM20204

Originally Posted by Marco620
Getting close to the new Civic time. I'm borrowing a Sport HB with paddle shifting. Looked up the oil spec on Castrol UK site and it's 0w30. Any ideas or suggestions?

I believe Civic specs 0W-20.

ACEA A5/B5 loosely translates to GM dexos1 xW-30 in the US. If you prefer xW-30, simply run 5W-30. You aren't going to gain anything from 0W-30 except for a slight improvement in fuel economy, and for fuel economy, 0W-20 is a lot better.

Assuming you're US based, I'd just run a good 0W-20 like Mobil 1 EP that has mostly PAO. If you're concerned about dilution, then do a UOA at the second oil change...

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
I'd start her off with a belly full of Redline. You got amazing results with it in your current car. Using it from the beginning would be really interesting to see. Do they still make the Civic Si?

And possibly void a warranty claim?

Getting close to the new Civic time. I'm borrowing a Sport HB with paddle shifting...

Thought he was buying a new one...

If buying new, follow the OEM spec's, unless you document fuel dilution. An older one, use what you want but I would use what the manufacturer recommends until there is a reason not too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back