Do you eat cold pizza or warm it up?

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Super heats certain nutrients destroying food values.

No it does not. No credible research supports that, in fact the opposite can be true:

https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/microwave-cooking-and-nutrition

The cooking method that best retains nutrients is one that cooks quickly, heats food for the shortest amount of time, and uses as little liquid as possible. Microwaving meets those criteria. Using the microwave with a small amount of water essentially steams food from the inside out. That keeps in more vitamins and minerals than almost any other cooking method and shows microwave food can indeed be healthy.

The notion that microwaves destroy nutrients is complete nonsense.

Originally Posted by kschachn

No it does not. No credible research supports that, in fact the opposite can be true:

The cooking method that best retains nutrients is one that cooks quickly, heats food for the shortest amount of time, and uses as little liquid as possible. Microwaving meets those criteria. Using the microwave with a small amount of water essentially steams food from the inside out. That keeps in more vitamins and minerals than almost any other cooking method and shows microwave food can indeed be healthy.

But but but the waahahahahahahahves

Hate the microwave pizza. SOgyness.
small counter oven. at 450.

Alternative: throw a tortilla pan over the kids marshmallows fire. Or be a man and start he grill....

P.S. A friend started his professional life as a "oven builder".

4 years ago, everybody had to keep their beer bottles over the summer. They ended up as part of the .... pizza oven. I think he does easily 750-1,000F

Originally Posted by Dwight_Frye
I would no sooner eat cold pizza than I would order it with pineapple and Canadian bacon.

My favorite pizza happens to be cold pepperoni and pineapple.

I'll have a cold left over slice with my morning coffee....surprisingly good for breakfast!

Originally Posted by kschachn

But if you are a Microwave novice, superheating causes lots of issues
And microwaves superheat easily.

I'll read that studyyou linked at some point . I havent yet.

At least you cited a study!
smile.gif

But, Recall all studies are flawed.

Think of the revolving door nutrition guidance we have been getting overt the past few decades.

And the Drugs that have been approved then pulled from market.

I'll read that study you linked at some point . I havent yet.

At least you cited a study!
smile.gif

But, Recall all studies are flawed.

Think of the revolving door nutrition guidance we have been getting overt the past few decades.

And the Drugs that have been approved then pulled from market.

I'll take the adivice of an accredited educational institution way before I'll take unsubstantiated and unsupported assertions from an individual on an Internet discussion board. Yes, I might be a "microwave novice" in your estimation but the Harvard Medical School is not a novice about nutrition.

Don't take that as criticism, it is just my outlook on facts. Everything might be flawed of course. I just make value judgments on which ones have the highest and lowest probabilities of being flawed.

Got a compact microwave that must be over 25 years old now. Tends to underheat most food that I haven't done before. Do have Hot Pockets down to perfection at 2:45 on high.

Pizza reheated in the air fryer is 1000% better than microwave. Frankly you need to use extreme caution in the microwave, better to go 10-12 seconds then 5 second burst as needed. Over microwaved bread products are disgusting.

Originally Posted by Pablo
Pizza reheated in the air fryer is 1000% better than microwave. Frankly you need to use extreme caution in the microwave, better to go 10-12 seconds then 5 second burst as needed. Over microwaved bread products are disgusting.

There's a cure for that:

A toaster oven next to the microwave.

Originally Posted by pandus13

There's a cure for that:

If you like the toaster oven you will love air fryer. Man it is quick

Originally Posted by pandus13

There's a cure for that:

If you like the toaster oven you will love air fryer. Man it is quick

If you love that an old fashioned non-stick fry pan and cover is 1000x better than that, you can add a little oil and get the crust and cheese on the edges as crisp as you want without becoming a dried out hockey puck.

Fry pan trick even works on fresh mediocre floppy pizzas from your local generic pizza delivery place.

Nothing worse than a watery doughy crust with no crisp sections.

Last edited:
Back