Buying oil filters: anyone buy them online?

Was searching ebay earlier today for some 4386 oil filters for Toyota. Was wondering where you folks buy oil filters online as some members here have more than 1 or 2 vehicles. Lookin' at maybe buying a case of auto extra 51394 since I haven't saw issues with them.

Thank You folks
smile.gif

Rock Auto for me. For Canadians, Amazon.ca is horrible for car stuff, once in a while they have a good price but in general they are 3x the price of RA. We have dedicated online parts stores here, but they can't match the prices that Americans get day-in-day-out. Example of how size matters.

Rock auto for Canadians. Sometimes there is a manufacturer's clearance. You need to check the shipping price for the order and try a few numbers. There is number where you can create the lowest cost per filter, shipped.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Adam I've gotten them online before for my Corolla and my Stepdaughter's Mazda. They saved me some money and they were just fine.

Thanks Johnny. What site did you get them? Thank You and stay safe

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Micahmcmeen
Yes, go to CarsID should be free shipping. Rock auto is ok if you buy in bulk. Amazon isn't bad either.

Thank You, I'll look into this
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Adam I've gotten them online before for my Corolla and my Stepdaughter's Mazda. They saved me some money and they were just fine.

Thanks Johnny. What site did you get them? Thank You and stay safe

Rockauto and Amazoom!

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
I am not sure I have purchased an oil filter in person in 5 years. Or more.
Amazon, Rock Auto, Wally World.

Thanks Jeff
smile.gif

Johnny: Thank You

Ebay or Amazon, whoever has a better deal. I usually buy 10 at a time for my two Camry's as they get multiple oil changes per year and that gets the best price. I stick to OEM though, maybe there's better deals out there, but bulk pricing gets a price I am ok with.

Caveat Emptor with Fleabay. They are the king of counterfeit auto products, courtesy of Communist China. Buy OEM from dealers to be safe...

I have set up an alert on Amazon for Baldwin filters. Anytime they hover around $5, instead of usual $10+ (at least twice a year, shipping takes a month though, they drop the price because they are out of stock), I grab 2-4.

I've purchased from rockauto; and then used one particular seller on eBay frequently. at least by sticking with the one, well-established ebay seller, I feel confident that I am not getting counterfit...

Another rockauto buyer. Use your work address, might be a couple bucks cheaper!

Target price for me is under a buck plus shipping. They very often have them for ~$1.56 or so.

Yep, standardized a size across everything I own (And now to include my kids Civic) and buy them 12 at a time. Currently using the Partsmaster (Wix Built) and have some Champion ones to follow. Usually buy them on Ebay.

Back