New WEN 56225i First Oil Change 1 Hour

Status
Not open for further replies.

gathermewool

Site Donor 2023
Came in today. $400. Added magnetic dipstick, just like the one on my other WEN genny.

Will send out 1st sample (1 hr) sample for analysis.
——-Sequence:
5 min warm up
5 min ~200W
5 min ~400W
45 min 16-1800W
Drain and fill

Will change after next hour (2 total hrs) and see how the oil looks.
——RT-5 15W-40 1hr
——-same for follow-on intervals

Final: RT-6 5W-40

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I think you are going way overboard for a $400 generator with your breakin methods. Having an analysis performed with the breakin oil is a wasted effort IMHO.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Lubener
I think you are going way overboard for a $400 generator with your breakin methods. Having an analysis performed with the breakin oil is a wasted effort IMHO.

+1 but then the education of watching the wear metals dropping is fun.

It's all for fun, NOT to be used as a datapoint for wear or how often to change in the future. We all have our own break-in methods and not many really have a lot of data behind them. This is a data point and only FYI only.

Furthermore, do you and CT8 even BITOG, bro!?

With the 1500W heater, a large chest freezer and a small dehumidifier running on max, this thing didn't hesitate. Voltage never went < 118.9VAC and frequency never less than 60.1Hz.

Also, RE: UOA: I've always considered UOA as a better indicator of oil health than an indicator of true wear. I'm curious to see what these results will show.

Originally Posted by gathermewool

It's all for fun, NOT to be used as a datapoint for wear or how often to change in the future. We all have our own break-in methods and not many really have a lot of data behind them. This is a data point and only FYI only.

We over do BITOG

Originally Posted by CT8
Originally Posted by gathermewool

We over do BITOG

We???

Summary:

Oil capacity: 350mL

1st run(see above): 1:17
—— Run condition: 1500W heater + 2 dehumidifiers

2nd run (not shown): 1:10
—— Run condition: same as 1st run
—— ~1/5 material on magnetic drain plug as 1st run
—— Used RT5 ~1/2 as opaque

3rd run: 1:03 (3:30 total run time from new)
—— Run condition: only 1500W heater
—— Very little ferrous material on drain plug
—— Used RT5 dark amber (see below)

[Linked Image]

What you see in the clear dish are stains on the desk below; the oil is clear and there was no visible sediment.

Final (4th) Oil Fill: RT6 5W-40, changes at OM recommended intervals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back