How to keep glasses from fogging up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ummmmm, if you are the only person in a car then why in the world do you have to wear a mask? Nevermind…. make your own mask use some fishing line and 1 Kleenex. When you breathe out the Kleenex will fly up, quickly breathe in and you should be fine.

I'm guessing as you breath it's blowing up under the glasses? Maybe adjust the mask? I'm guessing if it is just you in the car, you can "risk it" by leaving a gap someplace so you don't fog yourself.

Originally Posted by supton
I'm guessing as you breath it's blowing up under the glasses? Maybe adjust the mask? I'm guessing if it is just you in the car, you can "risk it" by leaving a gap someplace so you don't fog yourself.

I tried a few different "vents".

+1 try to find goggle fog wipes online. Long ago in military we had a cloth in a small container issued. I believe the felt cloth was lightly wetted with Glycerin but not positive.

Originally Posted by Chris142
In my county we must wear a mask anytime outside of our house. Including driving a car. My glasses fogged up so much that I could not drive.

Any way to keep them from fogging up? I can either drive blind or risk a $1000 fine if I take off the mask.

https://www.sbsun.com/s-b-county-re...l-religious-services-to-slow-coronavirus

If we didn't know you so well, we would think you are trolling.

Who is going to enforce such an "order"?

While driving?

What happened to your libertarian spirit?

Last edited:
Chris, you place a strip of surgical tape across the top of the mask and tape it to the bridge of your nose to close the gap between nose and mask. Then the air will blow out elsewhere. That's SOP.

Rain-X makes an anti-fog product.
spray it on; then wipe dry/ off.

also wash/clean your lenses. as clean do not fog up as fast as dirty.

lastly, when I was much younger, there was a product that was like a one inch cube, maybe a wax?
but it was for anti-fog. I would rub a little 'wax' from a corner of the cube onto each side of a lens,
then used a cloth to work/ rub it into the lenses. It worked great! repeated this twice a week. no fogging.
I'm sure the product is sold under some name. maybe find in a store that sells
gadgets, little items. I don't think it would cost more than a few dollars.

Originally Posted by user52165
Originally Posted by Chris142
In my county we must wear a mask anytime outside of our house. Including driving a car. My glasses fogged up so much that I could not drive.

Any way to keep them from fogging up? I can either drive blind or risk a $1000 fine if I take off the mask.

https://www.sbsun.com/s-b-county-re...l-religious-services-to-slow-coronavirus

If we didn't know you so well, we would think you are trolling.

Who is going to enforce such an "order"?

While driving?

What happened to your libertarian spirit?

No trolling. The county Changed the rules about an hour ago. Taken from the county website----- "Regarding the use of face-coverings while driving, there is no need for drivers traveling alone or with members of their households to wear face coverings unless they must lower their windows to interact with first responders, food service workers, or others who are not members of their households.". The only time I wear glasses is when driving and the fogging @ lunch time was terrible.

Last edited:
A little tab of shaving cream about the size of a matchhead rubbed on each lens works good. I used this method a number of times with success.
NOTE: if you have any non-glare coating I wouldn't use the above. Not sure I would use it on plastic lens just glass.

Last edited:
Streak your glasses with bar soap, non pumice. Then polish the lens until the haze disappears. I use ivory soap.

I used to wear a mask for many hours a day, some cheap masks have this problem.

Get a mask with the exhale vent in the front, then adjust the nose piece correctly.

This should take care of about 99% of the problem.

Or, make a cheap mask that vents everything down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back