Anybody drinking more liquor these days?

Originally Posted by FordBroncoVWJeta
I'm surprised to see so many members of BITOG that don't drink.

They've probably learned the pitfalls of drinking too much.
cheers3.gif
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by Marco620
With all the support lately and with my friend passing I have made it another day sober. Tomorrow is day three sober. I realize that drinking won't bring him back and I can't be drinking 17 beers every time something happens. Thanks guys!!!

thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Finished off a bottle of Wild Turkey. It only took me 20 yrs but what can one expect when you mix it with maple syrup and pour it over salmon.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

At 68 years-old, I'm still at my normal two bottles of Corona Light every week.
At 28 / 38/ 48 years old, I would drink two beers every half hour after work. Stopped the bar scene when I reached 50 and never looked back.

What are you going to do now that they stopped production because they were deemed non essential?

https://www.eater.com/2020/4/3/21207543/corona-beer-coronavirus-production-suspended

He might actually have to switch to beer...
smile.gif

I will drink nothing stronger than POP, but that man drank like a fish so I am entitled, Really a few beers in the evening about all, my own home brew.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
Finished off a bottle of Wild Turkey. It only took me 20 yrs but what can one expect when you mix it with maple syrup and pour it over salmon.
grin2.gif

Reminds me of the bottle of Johnny Walker my father left over ten years ago. It's still nearly full and he probably bought it 10 years before that. Used a few teaspoons is spaghetti sauce, and some in the frying pan when cooking a burger.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Originally Posted by P10crew
Jeff ... ya trouble maker! ...‡

When I quit Budweiser had to lay off a couple of the Clydesdales...

Those are next door to me. I though I heard less whinnying and snorting from the stable lately.

Frau Blücher !

No, if anything drinking less. Slower pace of life at the moment. I'm rather content with a single glass of red in the evening, assuming I avoid TV--otherwise I tend to find wine, TV, snacks to be a positively reinforcing habit that wants to go late into the night.

Cocaine and illicit drug use is up, as are alcohol sales overall. Someone started a rumor in NYC that coke gets rid of the COVID, which of course you would have to be retarded to beLIEve...

I heard in Ontario Canada, a drug smuggler was caught with lots of coke after a routine traffic stop, he was not only charged with illegal drug possession, but was charged with running an unlawful business during the stay-at-home order...
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Not the hard stuff. Have a bottle of Jack Daniels Single Barrel Select I've still not opened. Have had it for over a year.

Been on a dark beer kick lately. Guinness Stout, Yuengling Black & Tan to name a few.

Originally Posted by atikovi
grin2.gif

Reminds me of the bottle of Johnny Walker my father left over ten years ago. It's still nearly full and he probably bought it 10 years before that. Used a few teaspoons is spaghetti sauce, and some in the frying pan when cooking a burger.

Yes! Some years ago we had an opened bottle of Sky Vodka and we ended up making a lot of vodka sauce. There's a theme in my household.

Originally Posted by sohccammer427
Been on a dark beer kick lately. Guinness Stout, Yuengling Black & Tan to name a few.

Dark beers are amazing. I prefer them in the colder months as I like the stouts that has a dimension of sweetness to them.
Haven't had one in several months, but Fullers Vintage is usually my go-to (maybe one per year).

cheers3.gif

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
Originally Posted by sohccammer427

Dark beers are amazing. I prefer them in the colder months as I like the stouts that has a dimension of sweetness to them.
Haven't had one in several months, but Fullers Vintage is usually my go-to (maybe one per year).

cheers3.gif

Dark beers are the only ones I drink, yet not often.
Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout is my favorite.

grin2.gif

Reminds me of the story a friend of mine told me. He had a bottle of vodka in the house and his friend came over to visit. He asked if he could have a sip of that bottle of vodka and before you know it, he drank the whole bottle.

Yes! Drinking more than usual in terms of wine and somewhat liquor. Wife and I make Mojitos more often these days.

My wife works less and the 3 kids home schooling is stressful. Wife stressed too about work as two coworkers at hospital a positive in her tiny department.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by FordBroncoVWJeta
I'm surprised to see so many members of BITOG that don't drink.

I'll try not to be a downer, but my life has been very stressful with my mom as an alcoholic, frequent hospitalizations especially this last year, including multiple times on a ventilator in a medically induced coma, also has had frequent rehab stays, etc. and she just can't kick the bottle for very long.

I've made an oath to never touch the stuff. Ever. No good comes from it.

Back