Mor gas price fun.

I keep hearing about gas going down in other parts of the country. Still pretty high here. Took this pic on my way to work this morning.

IMG_20200408_071452.jpg

Oh my god, I would have never believed it if you didnt post the photo....
This is from a week or two ago, the price is now $1.29 a gallon not $1.39 in the photo. Other normal gas stations can be found $1.39 and under

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by grampi
You live in CA, the gas price gouging capital of the country....

CA employee pension sustainability fund

Found this about a week ago ($1.299). Normal in my area is currently about $1.62 for regular.
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by user52165
$2.49 Costco - San Diego area - for past week or so.

Yep, That's what I paid last at the Santee Costco.

We have BP for $1.279 nearby, I actually saw sub $2/gallon diesel at a local UDF too. GasBuddy shows several Cleveland stations in the 90 cent range for RUG, there has to be a glut!

0.619$ can / liter just down the road from me, which is approximately 1.69$US/gallon. I'm not taking advantage of it but working at home isn't bad either. I haven't filled my car in since gas was over a buck!

Twin cities average today is $1.80, but locally you can find it for around $1.45 a gallon. One station selling at $0.99 a gallon...

I recently cancelled my vacation to Florida. Having all these low gasoline prices at a time when there is nowhere to go is like winning the mega-lottery at age 85... or a school kid breaking their leg and put in a cast on the first day of summer vacation.

Yeah, I just filled up both cars. Not really driving much so it will take a while to use it up. In the meanwhile, prices went down another 5 cent. At least there's no line for the cheap gas at the gas station. Costco is typically a madhouse as they have the lowest gas in the area.

$2/gal cheaper here, and I used my credit card for 4% back! Just paid $1.19/g yesterday for 87 at Costco. Thought about premium for $1.63 but didn't bite. My car recommends premium but I notice no difference.

The midwest has the most aggressive markdowns since we have the greatest variety of brands. The tax allowance is still $0.575/mile so if I drove around for business I would be raking it in.

Back