Anybody drinking more liquor these days?

JC1

Since I'm cooped up at home, I've been drinking more hard liquor. I'm finishing up older bottles of Scotch that I've had for more than 10+ years. No additive fallout in these bottles!

What about you guys, are you consuming more hard stuff these days?

I'm on a no alcohol order from the doc for another 8 weeks. Otherwise I am sure I would be having whisky whiskey ... taste tests. Probably be having more wine with dinner as well. Darn it. ...ž...

Originally Posted by JC1
Since I'm cooped up at home, I've been drinking more hard liquor. I'm finishing up older bottles of Scotch that I've had for more than 10+ years. No additive fallout in these bottles!

What about you guys, are you consuming more hard stuff these days?

No, not really. I keep my drinking on a tight leash.

Usually my wife and I would only consume alcohol on the weekend. Friday night Saturday night. I'm mostly a beer drinker and my wife will drink beer but normally it's wine. Since we're both home now all day everyday we have been having a drink more often. We used to have to get up at 5:30am mon-fri but now we sleep until 7-730am. It's great. Kids get to sleep in longer too. We find ourselves having a drink or two a few weekday evenings now. Sitting outside if the weather permits. I've made a few mixed drinks to change things up. Have some vodka, whiskey, and some rum left from our Xmas party. Not getting hammered or anything but yes, definitely drinking more. Wife is working from home so she can sit in the office in her pj's. I'm fortunate to be off with pay. Great boss.

Nope; I don't drink much. I bought a couple of 6-packs in January just in case, due to guests coming for dinner and they're still in my garage. I only noticed them because I was cleaning up last week. Hard liquor; hardly ever. I only have wine twice a year. Half a glass with my dad during Easter dinner and half a glass with him during Christmas dinner. I'll religiously have at least 5 or 6 coffees a day though (espresso).

Last edited:
I had one bottle of beer on Feb 28th at my friend's rehearsal dinner for his wedding and drinks for toasting at the wedding the next day. Other than that, nothing all year.

No more than usual. An occasion drink once a week. Sometimes 2-3 weeks without a beverage if I'm on call.

Using alcohol as a coping agent usually leads to less ability to cope. As well as more depression.

Last edited:
I generally drink when camping and at certain social events
I will admit, as of late I have had few more than normal on the weekends. Nothing during the week.

Originally Posted by ls1mike
I will admit, as of late I have had few more than normal on the weekends. Nothing during the week.

Now I must admit I do have a few tasty libations when camping. Especially around the campfire with friends. My usual campsites are closed, and I'm staying home through this.

Water, orange juice, almond milk.

Drinking alcohol does nothing for me.

thumbsup2.gif

Never liked the taste. Did take some sips when on vacas with parents decades ago, pina colada and some other cocktails and they were nice, but today their cost alone is a turnoff. $10-$12 for one drink? That's more than the dinner itself.

Originally Posted by spasm3
Originally Posted by ls1mike

Now I must admit I do have a few tasty libations when camping. Especially around the campfire with friends. My usual campsites are closed, and I'm staying home through this.

I am too, in fact the RV for MDs worked out I am dropping mine off Saturday at a park 10 minutes from for two Nurses (a Couple) who have come to the county to help with the case we have. I am glad I was able to help in some small way.

Back