Favorite Honda Acura filters

I have used mostly M1 110A filters on the Honda Acura cars I service.
Recently Started using Fram XG7317.
BITOG took me to the dark side; I use them for 2 OCIs of around 6,000 miles.

Are their others you prefer based on your experience?
Please state your reasons and good advice.

I would ask '53 Stude to chime in as he has cut up so many filters.
Thanks in advance.

I like whatever is the high(er) rated and available filters at the time here at BITOG.
Over time(since the 70's), I've gone back & forth between brands.

Ive run Honda original, Wix XP, Fram Ultra, M1 filters.

All seem to be fine.

I had cut apart an old Fram ultra and an M1 110 I had in my garage. The FU was the PF52 equivalent.

The M1 had a thicker ADBV by far, and a thicker can.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Fram Ultra is basically the go-to in my Hondas. I leave it on for 2-3 OCIs no problem.

Reactions: JC1
My first new Acura/Honda was a 1990 Legend. For several years on this and other Acuras, I used Nippon brand filters. Nippon made OEM oil filters for Honda for several years. For the last 4 years I've been using the Fram Ultra sister, the Fram Pro Synthetic 7317, for two 5-6K intervals (two years). That filter and a Fumoto valve make my Honda oil changes a breeze.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
I have used mostly M1 110A filters on the Honda Acura cars I service.
Recently Started using Fram XG7317.
BITOG took me to the dark side; I use them for 2 OCIs of around 6,000 miles.

Let's get you back to the light side

Are their others you prefer based on your experience?

Absolutely, stock OEM Honda/Acura Filters that are purchased from a dealership

Please state your reasons and good advice.

They are designed specifically for my Honda/Acura. I have a good friend who is the PM at the Acura dealership.
They are inexpensive. I change my oil maximum every 5k. Normally every 3k.

I would ask '53 Stude to chime in as he has cut up so many filters.

I have cut open Toyota, Honda, Fram, Amsoil, Hastings, Pure One, AC Delco, Napa Gold, Napa Platinum, ST, Kawasaki, Mobil, etc, etc, etc,
and you know what I found out that proved to be beneficial in my eyes? Nothing

Thanks in advance.

You are most welcome!

Last edited:
Honda filter under $5 from the dealer. I don't care about the minutiae of filter micron ratings results or cut aparts that probably only matter if you plan on driving the car over 300,000 miles or do 10K OCIs.

Eyes aren't capable of doing an ISO 4548-12 efficiency test.
laugh.gif

Purchased my Acura in signature in 2010 with 37,xxx miles. Immediately put a Fram TG on it when I changed the oil out. Used them up until 2012 when the Ultra were released and have been using them ever since. With the Fram TG -- would run them 5000 miles and change when changing oil. With the Fram Ultra -- leave on normally 3 oil changes anywhere between 15 and 18 thousand miles overall. With all the cut and posts on BITOG and there construction -- I feel confident they will protect and serve well up to 20k.

On my first oil and filter change with my Pilot I used a Ultra and left it on for 2 years. Back to using oem only because I got them at a good price . I don't think the filter will make much difference in how long my car lasts.

Originally Posted by mclasser
Fram Ultra is basically the go-to in my Hondas. I leave it on for 2-3 OCIs no problem.

+1. I'll have to change my Ultra this summer. It's been on for 2 years. Engine was spotless inside before, so I don't think it will be an issue.

Prior to the Ultra's I'd use Wix/Napa Gold, Napa Silver, a few Purolators. Never any issue.

Last edited:
I currently maintain 5 Hondas and 1 Acura for friends/family. My favorite filters have been the Honda OEM, the Wix 57356, and the Fram XG7317. There were also a few Bosch 3323's and Fram PH7317's in the mix I got on sale.

I've cut a goodly selection of the available "Honda" filters.

OE or XG are my picks. Be careful for counterfeit A01's and things artfully advertised to make you think they are A01s though.

Search post started by me for examples...

I like the Bosch 72226WS or 3323, made in USA by Purolator, clones of the Classic/One respectively.

They are very well built filters, especially for the price point I get them at ($2.70 for the WS and $3.70 for the 3323). Using them for 10k intervals on both my own and customers' cars for years with no issues.

3323 is rated 99% at 20 microns, WS is 97.5% at 40 microns.

If you're doing 6k OCIs, then I would stick with the Fram XG7317 and leave it on there for 3 changes.

Originally Posted by getawheel

If you're doing 6k OCIs, then I would stick with the Fram XG7317 and leave it on there for 3 changes.

Thanks for the advice. 3 OCIs? You're killing me!

Back